Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Thankful Day

Well I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday :)

I woke up earlier than the kids and dh as I was off to help with preparing the dinner at Granmaws & Granpaws. Most of the extended family weren't going to be there -so I had agreed to go in a bit earlier and help in any way I could. ;)Okay you all can stop laughing now-he-he;)But I really wanted to help as much as I could so I loaded up Flamingo and Monkey boy and away we went.

Papa and Nana were there and that breathtaking smell hit me as we all walked in. Nan had been up since dawn I imagine getting things ready, so I helped when ever they needed an extra hand. I know it was a lot of work for Nana and Granmaw-they did such a wonderful job and the turkey and everything was scrumshious :) It was wonderful to see Nana and Papa. We have all missed them so much since they have moved. I just wish we could have spent more time with them while they were here.

The kids were all decked out in their new outfits from Grami. They looked so cute. When Stinger came with dh I was so impressed with how he looked -so grown up. Grami usually buys them all matching outfits, but she said that Stinger has gotten older and it is harder to find matching outfits in his size now. So she had bought him some cargo pants and a blue/white checkered shirt with a green vest pullover sweater. MY...... He did look smart....So grown up...Sigh.......

Everyone was so well behaved and I couldn't have been more thankful to have such a wonderful family and be surrounded by so much love at that table. My eyes start to tear up just thinking how blessed I am.

I know at times on here I sound like such a drag. Complaining and worrying is what I have become very good at. But sitting around that table-I realized what is important-what has always been important and should be the most important thing in my life. The love and support of family. How blessed we each are. Papa said a very special prayer and it was beautiful. Mentioned everything we should be thankful for, yet often don't think twice abt. I know I for one, was bowing my head in shame at that moment-realizing how I have let worries and selfishness engross my heart all to often lately.

Thank you Papa for reminding us all how lucky and fortunate we all are and how our hearts should be so thankful of all of our blessings each and every day.

I'm going to list my blessings: Hey C-I'm tagging you to do the same;)(hey we both have no clue how this works-right) LOLOLOL So you count yours too and post them-eh? I know its going to help me see how truly blessed I am......

1. My love I have for the Lord and knowing I am His for always
2. The Word for which is my guide and beacon to live by
3. My hard working,loving,devoted husband
4. My children who are fashioned perfectly in the will of their Father
5. My Dad and Mom who give unselfishly always
6. My Grandparents who show me that love and devotion truly can last forever
7. My friends who give me strength to carry on when times are dark
8. My humble house which I call home
9. My health and that of my family and friends
10. My country whom many have fought and died for

There are MANY, Many, Many MANY blessings we each should be thankful for. I hope you each had a wonderful THANKSgiving Holiday. You are all in my hearts and prayers{{HUGS}}

One of my all time favorite hymn songs:

"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost
Count you many blessings angels will attend
Help and comfort give you till your journeys end."

"Count your blessings name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God hath done.
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings see what God hath done."

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, you are supposed to "tag" me in MY comments, LOL.

I'll be able to do it soon. :)