Friday, October 12, 2007

Whats Been Going On.....

School is going good......we are struggling I think with this curriculum. I find it nice and full of lots of info-Stinger finds it not very stimulationg-no matter how I go abt doing things....So I guess what they say is true-what you as a parent might like and be comforteable with is not neccesarily what will be right for your child....hmmm.....

He's still not liking the breaking up of subjects-it frustrates him when he sees different subjects we will be doing that day etc. The days I can combine subjects -are really good days. The days I do what the curriculum says-even when I modify it-its a frustrating day for us both....

Ive been looking at Unit Studies and I think this is the Golden Ticket for Stinger. Basically you have a theme and you incorporate all subjects into that certian theme. Say its on eco-systems, you would put math in, science, history, writing, language, spelling-but it would all go together with that certain theme. I think Stinger would like that alot better and it wouldnt be so overwhelming for him-Ive tried it a little with this K12 curriculumn, but it doesnt really work that way...so its difficult to do....

But we will be probbaly be doing something like that next year if things dont look up with this curriculumn. He was happy with it-I think just because it was a "new" thing, but now he doesnt care for it too much....

He is really enjoying the Indian in the Cupboard though-I wish I could incorporate thinsg he is doing into that theme-which would be really nice-see this is what Im talking about-and I cant really do that with K12 as they have their set curriculum. We are also reading Mrs Piggle-Wiggle9part of K12). Stinger thinks these books are sooo funny! He never really laughs, but I see him smiling and he has that Stinger twinkle in his eyes as he looks at me with his grins-LOLOLOL He enjoys listening to what teh naughty kids do and what Mrs Piggle -Wiggle suggests to the parents of these naughty children-LOLOLOL-he likes it when the kids learn their lesson -hopefully hes picking up on some of these lessons-eh? ;)

Flamingo had her last soccer game on Wed. She is upset to be done for the season. She was actually getting really good-getting in there to fight for the ball as at first she was hesitating. They gave all the kids trophies and had a little presentation-MY!!! Was she proud of herself!!!! You can still find her with that trophy in her hands as soon as she comes home from school these days. Cute-eh? She also got a certificate that she has up on her dresser displayed proudly with her trophy:)

Monkey Boy is still acting like a Monkey-LOLOLOL-He's doing really well with his school we are doing-he just LOVES worksheets-and hes alwasy asking me" whats next?"LOLOLOL Hes always wearing a smile and he brightens my days.





No comments: