Saturday, December 02, 2006

Okay here goes......

I've been dreading writing about this but I might as well-who knows-it might just give me some answers....I need em....

I've got a meeting on Monday with the school, with the district behavior specialist, director(my fav lady)basically the whole team and then some......Ill explain how this came abt-as Im sure you all are just DYING to know....sigh.....

This is going to be long guys....

I get a call abt 1:30 on Monday from spec ed teacher(well call him Teacher X)"well Stinger has been having a hard day and I feel we REALLY need to keep him after to make up some minutes" He had 45 min to make up for something or another. I have repeatedly told the school I DONT like the time owed after school-time owed period as Stinger cant keep up with all the time and why he is doing it...sigh.....but I am put on the spot. Im thinking okay school gets out in a bit so Ill just go and get him in abt an hour. I was going to town anyway.....

So I get there and he has 30 min to still make up. Plus in that time he has had to go to the "room"-ill get to that bit latter. So Ive got Monkey boy there with me which isn't a prop but Im kinda perturbed as I thought his time would be up. I am sitting in that office for abt an hour. I see teacher X coming down the hall..... with no Stinger he is running away from Teacher X-which is leading to more min being owed. I go call Stinger who is hiding behind the coat racks-I go to him and Mr X-Stinger goes out the school doors, but comes back to me.

teacher X says that Stinger has 15 min still to make up. Wants to go back to the classroom and sit fro just 15 min-when he actually owes abt another hour.....Ridiculous. Stinger doesn't want to go.Tecaher X grabs him by the wrists and Stinger tells him to let go-doesn't. We get him in the classroom. Stinger still wont sit down in the chair. I have to leave to go get Flamingo at Scouts. WE go back to classroom and Bailey still isn't complying. Teacher X asks me to leave.. Stinger starts to go crazy crying and begging me not to leave. Flamingo goes crazy thinking Im leaving her brother and saying he needs us. After consi=oling Monkey boy who is crying now as well we go and sit in the car and wait fro him to call me abt a half hour latter .I get the call to come and get him. So I go in there and Stinger has on his coat, but has apparently in just that short time said something rude to the teacher and is Agnew supposed to sit. I go and wait in the car agn. I see Mr X and Stinger going back in the building and Im thinking to myself don't even be going to the "room" abt 20 min goes by I go to the doors to the school-of course they are locked-so I go back to the car and wait...... and then I get a phone call and they meet me at the car.

I was there at the school till abt 6: 30. Livid does not even begin to describe my thoughts at this point. We leave....

I come home. Im upset, Flamingo is still upset as well as Monkey boy. Stinger has no idea why.....

I immediately sit down to begin my process of writing a letter to the school Specifically stating that the time out "room" isn't to be used now and forever under no circumstances. That time owed is to be kept during school hours.

I go and talk to Stinger abt it-his fingers are raw, tells em abt climbing on the doorknob in the room, trying to get to the ceiling to get out of there falling down repeatedly..... Basically having an episode in the room feeling like it is a prison-anxiety and fear going through the roof in there...Im just getting more and more upset inside- Im fuming....I put everyone to bed now and then I head upstairs and cry.......

So next day I get "the phone call." they are just going to call me if there is a problem and have me come and get him.......SHEEEEESH.. How in the world is THAT solving ANYTHING....and that we are having a meeting on Monday....

I have written and talked to everyone I can think of. I get the
1. Go and pick him up-make this work
2. They are making it your problem since you wont do what they want-DONT get him
3. Make them officially suspend him so it counts as part of the 10 days-which by law they HAVE to do SOMETHING after 10 days change of placement-which then Im sure they will want to discuss.
4. Get a Lawyer.

So I dont know what to do.

1. They still haven't done testing to find out WHERE these behaviors are coming from
2. They are Punishing him not DISCIPLining
3. They escalate the behaviors by using the"room"
4. They escalate by touching him and grabbing him-even after he has said to let him go-and hes not bad abt asking either-I saw this the other day.....

So Im trying to pull my head together yet agn for this meeting as no one will talk abt anything-they just say" well discuss at the meeting. Fun-eh?

I have no idea how the meeting is going to go-I don't know what my position should be either.......

No comments: