Okay here's my question:
1. Keep Stingers placement the same.(keep him mainstreamed in his regular class)
no friends
battling the school every year
academics improving every day
no understanding on the part of staff and students
behaviors just get worse and worse as the staff has no clue how to de-escalate Stinger
calls and reports from school ending in suspension-or threats
2. Change Stingers placement. (self contained classroom or smaller classroom)
understanding kids-COULD make friends
academics fall
behavior plans thought out and individualized
understanding staff and no punishment
not his homeschool
Stinger hates changes
no battling with the school
Stinger finally feeling understood and not treated unfairly
behavior under control in controlled environment
could he ever get out of there????
I don't know what to do here......both choices are just....... bad...sigh......
Am I just refusing to see that he just cant make it in this school...in a reg classroom????Am I thinking if I just put the supports there-just this one more support..... that he could????knowing that one more support isnt going to cut it...How long do I keep trying...How long do I keep fighting????How long does Stinger have to go through this????How long do I hold onto a dream and finally....... let it go.......
I think the whole problem here is me......:( The more I truly think abt it-THATS the problem :(
No comments:
Post a Comment