Well today has been busy. Its abt 12:00 and Im beat!LOLOLOL
This week has been the start of Vacation Bible School. It has been a GREAT hit for all the kiddoes :) It starts pretty late-6:30 and goes till 8:30 so we aren't usually home until abt 9.
Stinger has been good as Gold-even participating with the songs and hand movements. At the end they give out ballons that the teachers have made into shapes etc-and Stinger tries and hopes for one each night. :) He has come home with 2 ballons out of 3 nights so far. REALLY good-eh? Tonight he didnt get one-even though he was really good-which was extremelly hard for him to understand. But I told him they only have a certian number of ballons each night and there were probably other kids trying really hard too and he cant get one every night as this would mean a no to another kid who had tried just as hard as he did. Kinda difficult for him to understand-but he felt like he understood it better. They are talking abt Creations under the Sea-which leads into many controversal things-things Im not even sure abt. So Im sure it is confusing to Stinger-but we try and discuss it the next day etc.
Flamingo is doing really well as well-she has gotten 2 ballons too. Tonight I noticed her looking at me for direction when she was confused with something they say. She I guess is looking to see if Im nodding or saying no etc. I sit by them. And somethings tonight I purposely didnt look back at her-I saw her looking at me-as I really was learning and thinking about things for the 1st time too-LOLOLOL and I didnt know what to tell her.
I kept thinking to myself-okay, where was I when this was being taught? LOLOLOL
For example-
1. Dinasaurs on the ark??huh?
2. Fossil remains-the cause of the flood? huh?
3. Different layer and time periods in those layers-fiction? ( all because of the flood waters?)
4. Ark-every KIND of animal-not species.
5. Ark-BOX shape
Things like this is what they have been saying.....I dont know-I guess the main points are that what they(the kids) see and read in textbooks isnt fact-but Genesis is. I get that. LOLOLOL This is what they are trying to teach the kids I guess.....
I just havent ever thought abt such things really......and its interesting-I guess you could say Im learning too then-eh?
Like for instance-they have been talking abt Moses in Exodis and Genesis. How he made ,was it 10 or 11 things, happen to the pharoahs people. Heck-I thought it was just the red water and locust and 1st born. I had no idea how stubborn that Pharoah was then I guess....LOLOLOL
They also showed some articles from National geographic-which I have always been impressed with saying that Whales came from Land Mammals. They showed a childrens book too and a school text book. How crazy is that !!!!THIS is what they are teaching our kids now-that its not some theory-like I had thought they had been doing, but that it is indeed fact.
The big bang-FACT now-ugh.....etc.
I thought they had been presenting this stuff as THEORY-but they are teaching kids this IS how it IS.-FACT.
So its been fun for everyone -we ALL have been learning...LOLOLOL
Monkey Boy has had the squirmies-so he has only gotten 1 balloon-and he gets quiet upset-LOLOLOL
But he likes going-they all do.
The parade was tonight as well-right before VBS. It lasted until abt 7-the kids were all antsy wanting to go even before the parade had finished-fearing that they would miss VBS! LOLOLOL
Especially Stinger-who thought he would miss snack time and ballon give-away! LOLOLOL.
Came home aftre VBS-everyone was moody and tired and wanting to eat their candy...ugh! Except for Stinger that is-LOLOL He LOVES getting and going out and getting it, but isnt thrilled abt eating any of it once he has it-funny-eh? ??? But thats usual for him.
I had to hide Monkey Boys' he will eat candy till he hurls-LOLOLOL, and Flamingos' always in "moderation" They are all so funny and such individuals! LOLOLOL NEVER a DULL moment. :) I am sooo blessed! :)
Homeschool Materials are en-route, with 3 subjects coming that are not a complete order....sigh.....ugh.....anyway......3 more days until School starts for Falmingo-she is SOOO excited!
We saw her teacher in the parade( she used to be Stingers teacher last year) and she is going to be awesome ! Stinger even liked her when he had her. But she ran up to me and asked if the kids had a pencil-I said no, and she ran ahead and grabbed 3 for just us :)That was super nice I thought :) Flamingo just beamed! LOLOLOLOL
So Ive been trying to find pictures for PECS schedule for Stinger, finding games to do, hands on things, as many as I can get my hands on, sheets for Monkey Boy, oraganizing -color coding for Stinger, Speech therapy tools, Communicating tools, Life-skill toools.
Im soo excited that I can actually have time to teach him things I think he needs to learn that the school has just dismissed or I had to fight sooo hard for-ugh!
I am reading a Charlotte Mason book( its a curriculum)-and we will be incorporating many of her ideas as well-I like how she feels nature and The Lord are soooooooo important and how they are sooo important to teach together-we will be having nature notebooks etc. I know her academics and literature would be a struggle right now for Stinger as these are stressed very highly and intensily-but I really like the way this lady thinks-LOLOL. She tried to have all schooling done so in the afternoon they children were able to "play" outside etc explore-to be in The Lords Creation.
Anyway-thats what we have been up to :)
No comments:
Post a Comment