Well Tonight went SOOO well.....
The kiddoes did so well. Flamingo had memorized a verse Exodus 20.3 and she had been practicing for 3 whole days. But then the pastors wife up and changed everything and another girl said the same verse...:( O-she was heartbroken for a second.....but she knew she knew it and she quickly smiled past it as sh elooked at me. And to make it even better she won the award for the most points in her age group-WHOOT!O-she was pleased!!!!Talk abt a frown turning upside down-eh? :)
Monkey boy stood up and recited the wordless book he had learned. Its a little wordless book with different colors and no words. Page 1 is Yellow=Heaven, page 2 is black=sin, page 3 is red=Jesus's bloood he shed, page 4 is white=makes our sins white as snow, page 5 is green=grow( read your Bible)
He was too cute and so brave-eh?
Stinger was very quite as usual, but he did go up and get his certificate and he was all smiles. Something tonight I just cant get over was when we were sitting down and eating. Stinger sat at the end of the table(he always chooses this seating deal)He always insist that Flamingo and then Monkey Boy sit on each side of him, and I noticed another little boy take this seat he usually insist on for them. I thought to myself "oh-no....." So I sat down next to them just to monitor. I listened and Stinger was actually talking to this kid. I COULD NOT believe it!!!!! He was actually having a conversation with him-it was AWESOME!!!!!Ill share it with you as it was so awesome and funny too...LOLOLOL It went something like this:
Stinger- "Do you like Hannah Montana?"
Other kid- "Why , do you?"
Stinger- "NO!!!!-She drives me crazy!"(Stinger cant stand her-but Flamingo is always wanting to watch her)
Other kid- "No-I dont like her either-thats girl stuff"
LOLOLOLOLOLOL-eh?
Stinger- "Do you like Sponge Bob?"
other kid-" Yeah, I like Sponge Bob"
Stinger- "guess what?....Monkey boy likes that girl over there..."
...bunch of giggling........
It was going so well I could actually get up and go talk to some parents and leave him alone with this boy. I cant remember the last time I have been able to not monitor his interactions and interceed for him when he gets stuck or something goes wrong etc when it comes to him talking iwth other kids.
But teh conversation was too funny-eh? But it was AMAZING. I have NEVER seen him open up to someone like that -a KID-his OWN AGE!!!!!!So it was a VERY -WOW- night for me at least. AND he let this kid sit NEXT TO HIM!!!!I still cant get over it!
I know-it sounds so trivial. But its a MONUMENTAL turning point for Stinger-and a BIG thing for him to do. Maybee I think Maybee.....he's starting to realize that kids arent all the bad guys like he has experianced(thanks Public School for teaching him such good socialization)ugh and people say PS is soo important for this..........not in Stingers case...anyway......I wont get that ball started right now-LOLOLOL
Maybee Stinger is seeing that peers can be trusted, and maybee even fun? Which of course means BIG things and more steps to come hopefully-ykwim?I can only think its because hes got more confidence and isnt being put down anymore like he was at PS with his peers and no help came from his teachers in dealing with this.
I spoke to all the kids tonight as I was tucking them in for bed. Telling them each how very proud I was of them. How they all made such good choices and sang so pretty and participated so well. They all beamed. I love to see them so proud of themselves and their faces-its the most beautiful thing in the world-as any parent Im sure can attest to-eh?
Anyway-PROUD MOMMA BEAR tonight...again...LOLOLOLOLOL
No comments:
Post a Comment