Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day-Tea Party






Well we all dumped tea today!!!!! :)


There was a Tea Party here in Tremonton-yeah-can you believe it-and here I thought I was all alone out here.....LOLOLOL. It was a great turn out-abt 50 or more people showed up. We went to the park after Stingers social group finished at 3:30 only to find out the Tea Party had been moved to the Pizza Plus building-guess they figured too much snow *and no-don't even get me started on that tonight*...sigh.....
But it ended up working out perfect as it was all you can eat pizza, bread sticks, snow cones and cotton candy....LOLOLOL-yeah the kiddoes were overjoyed with this arrangement!LOLOLOL
I made a bunch of new "like minded" friends :) And I got to see a sneak peek at Glenn's Package deal of books that we have recently ordered. The 5000 Year Leap, The Real George Washington, The Real Thomas Jefferson,cant remember the other books,some constitution studies and a bunch of paphlets and notecards. Boy-can you say I'll be digging hard core into these things in the very near future. So If I dont pick up the phone-Im fully immersed in you know what...;)LOLOLOL
Flamingo, Stinger and I took turns dumping our tea bags into the bucket and then wrote our names on the bags as they will be shipped to Washington.
It was SOOO nice being in a room-not knowing a soul, but knowing these people hold to the same values and principles that we do. They see the trouble looming and they want to do something about it. They love this country...and they are worried abt where and how it is changing...
We listened to some speeches and sang some patriotic songs. We said the Pledge of Allegence. It was awe inspiring-I was humbled to be apart of it all.....I get goose bumps just thinking about when we were singing......it was Awesome!!!!!We stayed until abt 6:30-time just FLEW by.....
No parties, no slams, just We the People-and seeing how today We the People are not being heard.
Maybee not a big deal to some -this little even we went to- but to me it made my heart sing for joy and I for one went away feeling more empowered, more strong in a belief that We the People are one step closer to being heard :)










No comments: