WEll...well.....well....
We might have a litter on the way.....
Puddin has been in heat for the past 2 weeks. We have been keeping her in the kitchen and taking her out on a leash whenever she goes out front. We have never had a problem with other male dogs coming ard when she has been in heat before, so I didnt even think twice when she bolted out the door before I had a chance to leash her and to the side of the house(this is the normal place she usually goes pottty)
So I follow her over there and there is this big male farm shepard dog,(you know those farm dogs that heard sheep and are really good at those agility training things on TV))whom I had never seen before.
I realized in just that second I am too late and its done....yigh.....I tried to shoo him away and he would have none of it-there was nothing I could do:(
So I guess we are trying to decide what to do. We had called the vet abt 2 weeks ago and they had said they wouldnt spay until 2 weeks after heat cycle, so we were just waiting for her to stop and then we were going to have her spayed.
But I think we have decided to see if it has taken, as there are alot of variables such as:
1. She is at the end of her cycle
2. The male might have been neutered?
3. It might not have taken just because...
At any rate dh has thought abt it and I guess he has decided that another Puddin woulndt be SO bad-so he is okay with just waiting and seeing...so Im thinking that is what we will do...
Puddin is the best dog that we have ever had, and Ive been looking online and theres always a chance of something going wrong and something happening to the momma...so Im not 100% sure we should do this....although-you know my love for animals and Id love a litter of pups too..so Im torn,I dont know....
I guess we will just see what happens-if she is pregnant we will be okay with it, if not then we will get her spayed...
I havent said anything to the kids yet-only Stinger-as I dont want their opinions persuading me......as I know what they would say-they would love it....
So I will keep a close eye on her and watch for signs and act and treat her as if she is...and we will be ready either way then....
The gestation period is 61 days...so abt the middle of June Im figuring.....
I get excited then I get worried, excited, then worried agn....LOLOLOL
I know Puddin would be a great Momma-and I know dh wants a litter-as he has already told me we are keeping one-LOLOL, Dh even considers Puddin apart of our family. I just think it worries him too abt possible problems...but I will research EVERYTHING-you know Im good at that one;) LOLOL, and we will be 100% ready for whatever comes our way....
At any rate-the little peep chickey plans are out the window for now-LOLOLOL
No comments:
Post a Comment