Well today was the big day starting at the other school :)
Stinger was asking questions abt questions on our way down to the school-and they weren't abt school-LOLOL-he was nervous-I could tell;)
We get there and the teacher is right out front "Hey there bud!!" she says as if she has known Stinger all her life. :) Bailey smiles :) Mr X was there too-to make the transition easier. They hug-and Stinger hands him a gift and a card he hasmade. Stinger just had his eyes on a BIG OL" toblerone bar-so thats what he got -LOLOL:)Then all the paras came out and said hi to Stinger. Stinger kept fiddling with his collar-he does that when he is nervous;)But it was VERY nice of them to meet out there like that-very relaxed and nice.
Stinger is quiet and one of the paras asks if he is nervous-he shakes his head yes.
Then they tell him to say goodbye. Stinger says "bye Mom" without even looking at me. I ha to BEG for a hug and kiss and then away they went all in tow down the hallway-me looking on and just ...hopeing...hopeing for a turned head, a smile , a blowing kiss..I got no such thing :( Whaaaaaaaaaa-LOLOLOLOLOL.
Okay-I know this was a good thing guys-I know this...but gosh how I wanted ...something.....something to say Im unsure abt this Mom, tell me its okay, I need you to guide me and protect me.
Okay Ill stop before I start to sound REALLY silly-LOLOLOL, but it was HARD and thats how I felt!!! About as hard as that first day when Bailey was 2 1/2 and I was leaving him for the first time in that Early Intervention class.....hard picking up my feet, hard to look away.
Then as in now-not a batted eye was given. :(
What a trooper-Mommy wasnt as strong as Stinger was today.....
Stinger came home on the bus ALLL smiles and immediately pulled out his point sheet. Row of 5's all the way down(highest points you can get per time frame for behavior)
He loves it there-loves the toys at break time(they had a pirate ship), loves the teachers, everything he loves-LOLOL. The one thing he doesnt love is the lunches-"The food tastes different Mom, and I dont like it."LOLOLOL How it can be SOOO different is beyond me, but I guess it is????So we are going to have to deal with the change of cooking I guess, but I know he'll get used to it.
It was a HUGE success today-I couldnt believe he got a 5 on his Math chart-he has struggled all year in Math and thats when his worst behaviors come out. Not that he cant do it-he has shown us he can, but he just gets aggitated at math time. But he didnt today!!!!!We'll see and pray that this continues.
If the next couple of days turn out to be anything like today-we will have found a match-eh? A GOOD THING-yes?
Mr X asked Stinger to tell the teachers abt bees and away he went Mr X says-LOLOLOLOL
I had given them all a sheet of interests and dislikes etc on Friday....so they were in on the bees-LOLOLOL. And now I guess they are okay and in his circle of trusties. Another GOOD THING. :)
I think this school is growin on me already :)LOLOLOLOL
Mr X calls and is missing Stinger already and is coming to the house on Christmas Eve afternoon and dropping something off for Stinger. What a sweet guy-eh? Heart was always there-I think he just didnt know what else he could do with what all he had been trained in at that school-kwim? But he HAS grown attached to Stinger-I know Stinger will miss him too.
My Mom is always saying that people are put into your life for a reason, sent by the Lord to help......gues Mr T would fit that pretty well....He was a friend to me and Stinger when we both thought we didnt have any at that school....He'll be missed.
Truly my moms wisdom rings true.....as always :)
3 comments:
Well, it sounds like you made the right decision for Stinger, and he's happy AND learning. Yea! :D
Yeah... Im questioning it agn-LOLOLOLOL-we had a BAD day today :(
Tammy-just give it time...give it time.....hes going to test it...give him time....AND remember to BREATHE!!!LOLOL
Thanks C{{HUGS}}
I'm sorry to hear that he had a bad day. Hopefully it's just the "getting to know what is expected of him" issues, and will be over quickly. I'm sure the way they handle things has changed, and may make him want to "test the waters," how much authority do they have, etc?
((hugs))
e-mail me!! :D
Post a Comment