Well Stinger has done remarkeably well these past two weeks since we tweaked some things. He has actually been working for his level 4 status and wants to stay there :)Hes doing so much better...at school......he got to go to the store today and came home with a load of treats and little toys(as he hasnt been on level 3 or 4 in awhile and all his points have added up...LOLOLOL.
His home behavior I havent really noticed a difference-if anything its a bit worse. Example:
Today he bought a soldier army guy at the school store. But when he came home and was showing me all his prizes it was no where to be found. He immediately went through every crevase of his backpack-frantic to find it-went outside 5-6 times to look for it (as he might have dropped it off the bus etc)agn went through his backpack 2 times more.
I realized at this point that it wasnt going to be found and braced myself for this aftermath when he would realize this too.....you could just see it building. I told Flamingo and Monkey boy to go to their rooms or downstairs-anywhere they would be safe and I went to the kitchen. Tried talking with him abt it-wasnt listening, wouldnt listen to anything and anyone who was ard him was going to get his wrath. And poor Bell was caught right in the middle, as I forgot to take her in the kitchen with me.
So I go out-accidently say something and get Bell-cant even remember what I said and I get a smack in the stomach-he has maybee hit me once-when I first tried to hold him a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago when he was angry-Ive since realized I CANT do this and I just make sure everyone is safe and leave him...but he followed me this time....
It left a red mark, but didnt hurt, but would have if it had been the other kids etc. But
he is hollering and just histerical abt this lost man he had bought.....so I call the bus-no answer, call the school-no answer. So Ive got to explain to him that its lost and we are just going to have to W-A-I-T until Monday......BOY-that set him off more.....he told me that he wasnt going anywhere(which we were going to Flamingos Girl Scout awards) Started to get undressed-said he wasnt going anywhere agn. Until I went to the school and got another guy for him. Couldnt do that -so he got all worked up agn.
ANYWAY-he finally cooled down and we all got into the car. When we got home Stinger said" its not such a big deal is it mom?"????????
So things like this that I had hoped would be helped-are getting more intense.....he tells me that he cant help doing some things-like things he will do impulse wise(kick the dog, smack his sibs) he wont even be mad, but they can only be ard him for limited amts of time it seams...
I talked with him abt this tonight and he immediately went to Bell and gave her a hug and said sorry.....so I dont think he can help this impluse hitting or smacking....question is-how do we stop it?????
No comments:
Post a Comment