Thursday, June 21, 2007

The POOL.....

well...well.......what started as an "OH NO...sigh"...turned into a "can we come back here tomorrow.

It was a process dont get me wrong. A title such as "the Pool" wont seam so criticle or nail biting to some...but for Stinger it was....

We walk into the building. We hear shouting and can see behind teh window much noise and splashing as kids are having fun in teh pool area. Immediately Stinger hides behind Flamingo and Monkey Boy. "Im not going in" as he peers out from hiding. The "Im not going in" wasnt meant in the pool, as I had figured-but not going into anything-not the doors leading to the locker rooms, not the pool most defenitely, but was meant as a big NO moving anywhere. "Im going to stay right here by these candy machines Mom," as I am keeping track out of my corner eyes of a Monkey Boy and Flamingo eager to go...
"Stinger you dont have to go in the water, just come into the locker rooms with us, I cant leave you out here all alone." "No" says Stinger.

This goes on for about 15 minutes.

Finally we slowllllly make our way into the locker room. Stinger being quite upset abt the floor being wet-me just telling him it was pool water???LOLOLOL We get a locker(forgot to bring a lock with me)but everyone takes off their clothes and shoes and puts them into locker-all but Stinger. He doesnt want to go anywhere else and wont take off clothes or flip-flops.

I tell him again that he doesnt have to do anything he is not comforteable with doing-just to come where I go.

So we finally make our way to the showers-no one wanted to get wet-no signs saying you had to, so we passed it. We opened the doors leading out to the pool-Stinger still in his clothes everyone else ready to go. But he follows.

I get in the water, Monkey Boy follows and Flamingo hot on the trail. Each putting on vests as they were all very nervous. Stinge rlooking down at us not wanting to get wet or come in etc still. He tells me quitely taht he might get in, but we all have to stay on the steps with him and he states that he is wearing his shirt. I say okay that is fine Stinger. THEN...boom-he takes off his shirt and gets IN THE WATER!!!!!!

His face was sooooo cute and funny-he liked it, but wasnt so sure abt everything still. Said he wanted a vest-so I get out-he follows and I get a vest. Flamingo and Monkey boy LOVED it-had one occasion each when they happend to step off the step-freaked out, but were fine. Mom to the rescue;)

Stinger got more and more brave. Monkey boy was just lovin every minute of it, and Flamingo even wanted to take off her vest. So I rented some tubes to float in and they all got their own and had sooo much fun.

Monkey boy went ard the whole pool(3.5 ft) just swimming with his float and vest on-he was just truckin it-LOLOL It was sooo funny! He ha dsoo much fun.

Flamingo kept wanting to take her vest off and was very brave and loved the tube ring float as well. She swam with her ring to the ropes and she was pleased with herself;)LOLOLOL

Stinger took to climbing all over his float ring and just floted ard-he was sooo funny.

Flamingo and Stinger played pool basketball as well-and Stinger took off his jacket realizing he could stand in the water on his toes and was comforteable with that.

We stayed abt 4 hours-if that says anything!!! LOLOLOL With pleas to come back the next day :) So it was a BIG HIT!!!! We will be going on Mon, Wed, and Fridays :) They are all anxiously awaiting tomorrow :)

They all spent abt 15 min in the showers after-I think the pool and the showers were a toss up-they loved the warm water that would spray out of them -LOLOL:)

Everyone did SOOOO well-I AM a PROUD, PROUD Momma again :)










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!