Okay Ill get to the point of this post in a minute.
I just dont understand some things that some parents do. I mean I guess I do, but I dont do these things and Im wondering what did my parents do different-why I am who I am etc.
Dh and I have often talked abt this....and pondered on it quite alot.
The unwritten rules that some people choose not to follow etc. For instance-when you borrow something-give it back! When someone loans you $$ dont wait for that person to ask for it back-give it back as soon as you can. Say you are sorry, say thank you , etc-How hard are these rules you might ask-seams pretty hard for some. Put your self in someone elses shoes. Give someone a break. Try your best at everything you do.
Simple-basic-right?
Well lately we have had some situations come up at the playground while Flamingo is at her soccer game with the two boys-Monkey Boy, and Stinger.
Since being home Stinger is interacting so much better withe his sibs-its as if we have a new Stinger ard here. Its wonderful. But Ive been noticing this new love for his sibs can be quite, how do you say it.......posessive-I guess that is the word.
And we have all been here before. When Stinger has a friend-this is HIS friend and he doesnt want anyone interferring with this relationship. So has been the case at the playground lately. Monkey boy will want to play with an older kid and Stinger doesnt agree with this choice( Stingers rigid rules) of an older play friend and insists that Monkey Boy play with younger kids etc. -not even him, but that Monkey Boy needs to choose friends that are his age etc-not older???
Stinger feels so strongly abt this certain rule that he'll start being mean to these older kids etc-throwing sand, or standing between them and Monkey Boy.
On two seperate occasions I have had a parent( one time Dad and one time a Mom) come up to me and ask if I can do something abt my son. One ladies words: " Are you ----- Mom? " I reply yes, " Well -he is throwing sand and is bugging my son or daughter. Would you please grab him" ...sigh.....
Okay I had just talked to him-called him over an he hadnt thrown any sand at anyone after I talked with him-yet this mother wanted me to take him off the playground so her son could play......and she fully expected me to do this even though Stinger had stopped.
#1-I have NEVER in all my LIFE ever gone up to another parent and said their child had been doing so and so-would they solve it etc. NEVER.
what is the logical thing I do?-I remove my child from another child if I see something like this taking place, but I dont need any parent telling me what to do or how to handle things their way or how they see fit. Oh-it torks me.
My friend Laura was there( she has an Aspie son herself) and she just rolled her eyes and we talked a bit abt parents and how we dont do this and this. She actually told me some parenst tell her to have her child apoligize. oh..........Id loose it.
See-we are parents too. We know what is right or wrong, we know when an apoligy is needed from our children-and we would hope that any child who did wrong to our child would appoligize as well-but we DONT ask for it-good grief. And we sure as heck dont need some " all knowing, my child is better than yours attitude and Im a better parent attitude" telling us what and how to handle our kids.
Okay-Im just getting all rilled up here-LOLOL-can you tell???
LOLOLOLOL
But anyway-Laura was raised as I was where you just dont correct a parent like that. I think we "typicals";) understand that that parent is trying the best they can and its not our place to take charge in their area. So we simply remove our children. And yes, thats what I would have done if it had happend to Flamingo or Monkey Boy-but no-there are others who feel its their duty to set everyone straight. ugh....
At church for instance-the lady who tells you as a mom" would you mind quiting your children" Ugh-its THESE people-who really get under my skin....LOLOL I just wish people would just leave it be
Maybee im off my rocker-wouldnt be the first time-LOLOL, but Ill sit and rock-right along with Laura :P
2 comments:
Yup, I also am from your same class I guess. And yes it riles me too at times.
However remember that there are parents out there who believe that their kids are perfect little angels "Who could do no wrong". Mabbe it's the Insuraance industries fault for the 'No Fault' policies..... And sadly there are parents out there who don't have our standaerds about monitoring our kids.
Or who even watch their kids enough while they are are out with them, because they are too busy chatting or doing things like office they bring with them to really be considered to be in effecive control of their own kids.
And also because it's our kids with the disability, it has to automatically be 100% our kids fault if something is going wrong.
Thanks gardener :)
Its so good to see there are others like me out there-LOLOLOL.
It is just like you said and I can so see the monitoring just isnt thee-maybee because I have had to monitor for so long-but other parenst sure dont put in as much effort as I seam to;)
This past week Stinger did really well and even came up to me and told me some little girl was following him and he didnt like it-and he told her and then she threw sand at him. I told him from now on he brings a problem to me etc and he did :) But I take a look and there was this 2-3 yr old all out there by herself and NO parent ard-ugh.....
Post a Comment