Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Additions...

Well we have a new addition to our family ard here.
Some background-
We have been REALLY trying to get the kids involved with the chores ard here. They all do great at first and then -BOOM- it comes to a halt-LOLOLOL. So dh's idea was to set a date-2 months from-and the kids who did their chores got a surprise of their own choosing...
Stinger wanted a baseball holder batting thing with a string attached to the holder deal-kwim? LOLOLOL with some balls to practise with dh and a mit that fits him.
Monkey boy-yes-OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!!! * rolling eyes*
Flamingo-a hampster :)

So the 2 months are up and each of them got the prize of their choosing.
They are all vcery happy with their own gifts-yet I think they are all jealous of Flamingos cute littel hampster. But boys will be boys, and they cant handle things like that -not yet anyway-kwim?

The hampster is named Squeeks and he is adoreable. He's a little dwarf hamster -so hes tiny and oh so sweet. Everytime I see him Im reminded of all my hampsters I had growing up......I look at Flamingos sweet caring face as she holds her little guy so gently and I smile-she has such a tender heart for the furry ones. ( remind you of anyone????);)LOLOLOLOL
Flamingo talks to him, dances for him, and she says he understands her and listens to her-LOLOLOL-too cute eh? She rushes home everyday and checks on Squeeks and they talk for awhile and its adoreable....." I hear abt a dozen times how much she loves him and how she misses him at school. LOLOLOLOL
She went through quiet an ordeal yesterday though-he bit her( no mark) and she burst into tears not understanding why he didnt like her anymore, that she thought they were friends. Oh it just broke my heart to see her hurt so. I was vacuuming-so he was probably scared half to death of the noise and I tried to explain to her that when Im vacuming not to hold him as he thinks she is making the noise if she does-kwim? After we had a gentle talk-all is well with the world again and they are back to being best friends :)My sweet -pea-so cute.
Everyone is pretty excited abt V-day tomorrow. We got some nice treats from Nana/Papa and Grami-which the kids are excited abt opening....also Flamingo is excited abt her Valentines Party. We will be having a V-day party at home too. Ive already got my sugar cookies made for decorating tomorrow(thanks Nana). We signed up for a card swap with some other homeschoolers and we made cards and sent them and have gotten some from the other kids that we will open tomorrow. I plan on fun worksheets, stories and crafts and games for tomorrow. Just a fun day :)I think we could all use one of those-right?
Hope you all have a Happy Valentines day!










No comments: