Friday, March 07, 2008

Homeschooling in CA continued....

Well its happened.....
I copied this from a friend's blog and thought I'd post it since the talk has been about California and HS.

"Today it was announced that it is no longer legal to home school in our state without a CA state teacher credential. There are over 250,000 home schooled children in our state and I dare say that more 85% of them are taught by mothers and fathers who are not licensed in our state. We are members of the Home School Legal Defense Association and recommend that all of you CA homeschooling families join ASAP. The news tonight stated that criminal charges, jail time, and/ fines may be brought against parents who do not comply. ....To read more about this issue and to sign a petition to de-publish the ruling, click here... http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1

You know in Germany itsstill illegal to homeschool-one of Hitlers many total government control orders. Pretty scary when you start to understand and realize how each and every day we are becoming more and more similar........sigh......








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, nothing has changed. If you go to the hslda's site, they have what needs to be done to be able to home school in CA. The options are spelled out, and one of them is becoming a private school with only your children as students with "the capability to teach" and no qualifications needed. I believe, although I haven't been following this as closely as I should be, that the judge is actually trying, with his ruling, to change some of the options.

The judge stated something to the effect of 'it's not a constitutional right' for these parents to home school. Yet, the Constitution does not impede on our ability to home school, and where it does not expressly impede on our rights,it does not give the government the power to either. It actually is our constitutional right because it is not verboten (sorry, some german, lol)

Anyway, the hslda and hsc are calling for calm, and are going about this legally to have the ruling taken out. Sign the petition on hslda's site if you haven't already.

Don't think I'm not a bit concerned myself, as my state loves to follow CA's changes. ugh.

Did you see on hslda's site that UT has a watch on it for homeschooling? You may want to check that out! : )

Tried to call, guess dh home? lol
Take care and talk some other time!