Well I put this off all weekend..........
Ding our 1&1/2 yr old Rottie has left us to be with Bell in Heaven.
Her hind legs just gave out on her. It was a gradual thing-little things we had noticed for awhile-when she would jump up-she would sometimes wimper. She woul dpace back and forth. About a month ago we had decided to put her outside in the kennel as she was having accidents whenever you would get upset with her etc. So Puddin' has been inside instead.
Ding was acting fine until abt Thursday afternoon. I noticed his legs were bothering him. I thought it was just the snow and him not liking to step on it. Then Friday he could barely get up-well he couldnt. He kept falling down, wouldnt eat or drink. He could get his head up and he was responding to his name, but he was shaking and would flop his head back down on the ground unable to try keep trying to get up. :(
I woke Dh up and told him something was wrong. We rushed Ding to the vet only to find out that it was irriversable-somewhat like a stroke the doc said. It was in his head. Nothing was hurt-his legs were fine. But his mind was telling him that he couldnt stand. The doc said that it was different- as a person can be treated and can come back from it with care and work, but a dog wouldnt-and with Ding being so big it would be near impossible to take care of her needs like we would have to-potty, eating, etc. He said he could give him steroids, but that it would just make him more comforteable and he wouldnt get the use back to his legs :(
Dh told me to leave as he could see I was getting upset and he talked to the doc more in detail. I went out to the car with the kids and just started bawling. I didnt hold it together too well and this made all the kids start to cry :(So I went back to the kids-told them I didnt know if Ding was going to a make it :(
Oh-it was the worst thing. :( :( :(
So we decided for Ding it was best to let him go. So the kids came in and said goodbye and I stayed back and was there holding him to the end :(
We skipped school on Friday as no one was in the best mood to do anything....
I still dont like looking outside at the dog kennel-as it reminds me of Ding-its still really hard. He was abig part of our lives. I'm still torn up about it-but Ive still got to go on for the kids and our family-but its been hard. So that alone has helped me.
We told the kids he's up there with Bell runing and playing. Now God has 2 great Guard dogs :)
I was close to Ding-close like Monkey boy was. He will be missed :(
4 comments:
I'm so sorry, girl. ((hugs))
Thanks{{HUGS}}
Darn it, what a shame, Sweetheart. Both of them so soon.
We are so sorry.
Dad and Mom
Thanks Dad and Mom {{HUGS}}
Yeah....I think we are gunna be a one dog family for a while. Its just been sooo hard on us all:( I cant do this again.....it breaks me apart-you know me.
Post a Comment