Ive abt gone through everything out there-My eyes are abt to pop out of my skull-LOLOLOL
So here's the deal- Bob Jones box curriculum is what I REALLY REALLY want to do....but its not really in our budget right now...next year when we can plan better-yes.......anyway....so Ive opted to try and put together some things and see if I can get a curriculum together-if its better than K12-well than we will do mine -If I just cant do it-then K12 it will be.....
So THATS what Ive been doing lately-looking at EVERYTHINg-and going nutso in the process...wow-hard work!
K-this is what I have so far:
PHONICS-Phonics Skills and Stategies Gr. 2
READING-take home books(cut out and staple)
-vocab practise in books
-sun series books 6(short stories)
-beginning reading practise workbook
HANDWRITING-Handwriting Practise book-Gr 2
-Swirls and Curls made up pages-writing practise etc
Grammer/Spelling-Word Wall sheets
-Grammer Practise book Gr 2
-Primary Analogies
-Reading-Everything practise pages
-Reading Comprehension Helpers workbooks
History/Geography-Atlas of The World book
******need more History Curr***********
Science-Science Journal pages
-Student Research books(vocab, story,activity) Houghton/Mif
-Investigation workbook
-Vocab workbook
*******need more Science Curr*************
Math-Math Minutes
-Concepts workbook
******need more Math Curr***********
Character Building-Book of Virtues(on tape)
-Learning Bible
-Family Faith Treasury
-Precious Truths book
k-so thats what Ive got so far........What do you think? I just cant seam to find anything I like for History, Science, or Math-I may just have to get the workbooks on those ones online.....???
History and Science Ive got to be really picky and choosey with as these are Stingers Favorites and Math is a little on the tough side-so Its got to be good too......and not just a bunch of problesm fr him to do-kwim? decisions...... decisions......
Ive foind a couple of Science and History online through the major book companies-Houghton /Mif, and Mcgraw Hill-I really like those...but they are online...so.......I really want some good texts we can dig into......so Ill keep digging.....
But I could use the Child Craft books/ encyclopedias also-Ive got a whole set from Papa and Nana :)So Ill have to look into that too......that might could work......Hmmmmmmmmmm.......;)LOLOLOL
No comments:
Post a Comment