Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Whew...........*sigh of relief* *catching my breath* ...finally LOLOLOL

Looks like Tuesdays are going to be quite busy for awhile ard here......
This was our after school schedule today:
4:00-5---->Flamingos Girl Scouts-got more homework for some badges to do....
5:15-5:45->stop at store gotta get milk, get home and run ard getting dinner ready and eat
6-6:30---->Flamingos Soccer practise
6:30-9---->LAMP training with Utah Parent Center
9:30------>kids in bed(miracle it was), Flamingos homework

Needless to say things didnt run to smoothly---STINGER....LOLOLOLOL But it was expected. Meltdown abt getting dressed, Meltdown and refusal to get out of car for soccer practice-said it was too cold to play on the playground, but didnt want to stay in the car by himself, Monkey Boy starts to cry as he wants to play on the play ground. Stinger finally steps out of the car and sits up on the top of the slide the whole time. I go and move teh car closser so he can get in the car and I can watch Flamingo and keep eyes on Monkey Boy playing.....sheesh.....

Found out not only is Flamingos game tomorrow, but pictures an hour earlier. Yes I told Stinger tonight and the fussing has already begun. But I thought Id inform him so tomorrow isnt a total refusal etc....He said "oh...its going to be the worst day of my life"Shaking his head back and forth.....So we will deal and go on......

Its hard bringing him everywhere we have to go when I know he hates it...but this is how its got to be. I used to just tell Flamingo she couldnt do things, but I realized that was totally unfair to her. So upsets are expected with Stinger now each and everytime we go out...and we just deal....

We got home, I popped a movie in the DVD and had some popcorn popped and Stinger got on the computer and I headed upstairs to have my teleconferance. Where I learned our "projects" are due in June.....sigh....

I've thought abt it and I think Im going to write up a brochure of sorts, info packet, resource list, etc, for parents of special needs and distribute them throughout the community etc. Something I wish had been there for me here. So thats what Ill be digging into for a while.

I so wish I could be on commmities, be more involved, go to support groups etc. But its hard when Stinger hates going out and interacting and just "being" with anyone.....

So Im back to the endless question-do I let him be-accept him that this is who he is and deal, pass.... on things that come up taht i wish I coudl do, or attend...or do I try and make him not so? I wish I knew what was best for him. To push-will that in any way change how things are, or just make him more upset and hard to get to places? Or just accept this and make everyone in the family learn to accept this as well???? Is it just anxiety that could be helped with ...something? I havent a clue.

All Iknow is that this is the ONE thing that isnt changing since we started homeschooling, that maybee it is possibly getting worse here...and what do I do abt it....if anything......Nims Island (Jody Foster)pops into my mind yet again and I catch myself fearing the what ifs yet again... what if this is his future? What should I do ...anyone?????:)
Does this sound more like that than something on the Autism Spectrum?

Fester...fester...fester........








No comments: