Saturday, May 17, 2008

2 More Weeks!!! WHOOT!!!!

Well We are almost there...man-We did it! WHOOT! Mommy doing the happy dance!!!LOLOLOLOL
We have already finished one course-any guesses as to what it was???? HISTORY! LOLOLOLOLOL. We started on The Revolutionary War on Friday and you know Stinger-he was a bundle of questions and I said okay-lets just read the story-LOLOLOLOL. So we took abt 2hours and talked abt things and what should have taken us a week-we finished in a day-LOLOLOL. It was soo funny too.....he just kept saying-"Keep going Mom, keep going!"
This weekend he was reinacting with Flamingo and Billy too-it was SOOOO funny to hear and watch! They were all outside playing and Flamingo and Billy were on a side and then him. Im not sure who was who, but I heard Stinger singing Hale to England things-LOLOLOLOL -So I guess he was English?;)LOLOLOL He got his wagon and tied things to it-put the rocking horse on top and hooked it to a bike and was trailing it ard-I guess this was his army? LOLOLOLOL. Then they all three were having sword fights outside-LOLOLOLOL. It was soo funny to watch. They were all playing so well and having a great time.
They got sunburnt even though I put sun block on them-but I dont think they even too any notice-LOLOLOL
We even got out the sprinkler and they had so much fun jumping in it and then laying on teh grass with their towels :) Today was a good day.
I love days like that when at the end of the day you look back and can only smile:)

And I cant help but think everything is tied into having Stinger at home. He's getting along and PLAYING with Flamingo and Monkey Boy. Sometimes Monkey boy gets to him though-I really think its the 5 yr old messies deal-ya know how at that age boys are so messy and not really clean-LOLOL, and they dont really care, well it drives Stinger nuts-LOLOOLOLOL. He has a fit abt him all the time.

But when I look back at how things used to be I stop and say...hmmm... our house isnt like that any more....me being so tense and sad all the time, fighting and argueing with Stinger, not letting him be out of my sight. Yes, we still have our days...but its not EVERY day now-like it was. He's talking more, he's showing remorse more, he's playing outside of his room more, hes talking about how he feels with words now-just so many things are on the whole better ard here-its amazing.

I will give you an example. Stinger has always had a hard time thinking of anything besides his own needs and wants, and doesnt remember to think abt how other feel abt things or notice how others are reacting to things ard him etc. Well today Daddy Bear and Stinger were out doing errands and they come home with a vase of flowers :) Stinger gives them to me and hugs me and says "I love you Mom" :) Later on I find out he had told Daddy Bear that he wanted to go to the flower store instead of Burger King. WOW!!!! THIS just blew me away!!!!Stinge rchossing Mommy flowers instead of Burger King! Unheard of! LOLOLOLOL Just melted my heart when I heard that!
But see its little things like that that show me he is growing into the caring boy that he truly is. The one that some refused to see....He's just needed some help to get there is all. Since he is home now more Daddy Bear and I can see when he gets stuck and we can help him now. So he isnt stuck for long.
I know this has been the best choice I have ever made for him-and it really shows.

Ive been not posting as much and you can probably guess why-homeschool researching-LOLOLOLOL

I have decided to go ahead and get Language Art books too-so as of now THIS is the Final List: subject to change at any second or moment in time-LOLOL;)

HISTORY 4 ---> Abeka
SCIENCE 4 ---> Abeka
MATH 3 ---> Bob Jones
ENGLISH 2 ---> Houghton Mifflin(these looked a little more interesting and easier to understand than Abeka)
READING 2 ---> Abeka (Hidden Treasures)-this looks really fun :)
HEALTH 4 ---> Abeka
--------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL= $42. 00 GOOD DEAL-eh?????

Anyway-this is what I have decide on doing-Ive gone over EVERY curriculum sample page I think that is out there, every manufacture-LOLOLOL...ugh.... and these I feel will be the most suited to what Stinger needs-and have I mentioned before that I am SOOO excited and that it is really too fun getting to tailor make his curriculum-how COOL is that???!!!LOLOLOL

Anyway-thats what has been going on. My garden is starting to sprout FINALLY! I was so worried that they had all gone to pot with the freezing nights we had.....but it looks liek they are a hardy bunch;) LOLOLOL I have planted Watermellon and Cantalope now too -WHOOT! Funny-but I found some lettuse sprouts that have started to come up from last years crop-LOLOLOL

Granmaw down the road let me have some of her flowers and I planted them in the front along with my tulips and daffodils. She gave me some pretty pansies, sunflowers, and bell things that are blue, and a bunch of other things that I have no idea what they are...they arent doing so well.....I dont know if Im supposed to water them or not-so when they started drooping -well I guess I was supposed to water them huh? -LOOLOLOL, so Ive started to water them but I dont know if Ive blown it -to little to late-kwim? O-well-we shall see I guess....

But Im LOVIN' the weather...ahhhhhhhhhhh- just lovin' it!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for Stinger and PROUD of you! How far you've come from -omgosh- Homeschooling, are you crazy? To I can't wait till next year! AWESOME, wonderful news. Big hugs girl on doing such a wonderful job. You made school much more fun, exciting, and less tense for your little boy AND he actually LEARNED...omgosh...shocker! LOLOLOL Betcha he can't wait for next year either, huh?
I'm getting teary just thinking about how wonderful this all sounds!
God bless,
LY,
C

Anonymous said...

WOW Sweetheart, what a good place you are in right now. Mom and I have been so very, very proud of you and Stinger this year; what great progress you have both made.

We are also very happy the garden is growing (smiles).

Love ya so much,
Dad and Mom

MommyTof3 said...

Thanks guys [My cheering party]
What can I say but a big thankyou to you. I dont think we could have done it without your constant reassurance and pushes ;)Always cheering us on-you made us believe we could do anything!{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}
You mean the world to me:)