Okay everyone-I think I have got it all figured out here :)
I have def decided on a Christian Curriculum. So I went online and went to the Abeka sight. I had previously not really looked into them as I had thought they were expensive-but they arent. And since I have already seen the Science book from a friend I have decided on Abeka Science. They have words highlighted and bold for vocab words, review questions at the end of each section and summaries at the beginning-not to mention not a bunch of twaddle;)( useless info talk in most textbooks)plus alot of really nice pictures all throughout it-Stinger will really enjoy it. We can sit down together and just READ-its going to be sooo much nicer than K12 was....
History- I was going to go Bob Jones until I saw and its alot more of reading-along with their Science-so I went back to Abeka and its set up just the same way as their Science book is-and its got TIMELINES!!!OH won't Stinger be pleased!!!! He's always asking me when and where and who and what and what was first etc-EVERY DAY.....wars, people and Im just not that great at that! . So it would be perfect for us. Grade 4 is abt setting up the US til present-so Stinger will totally enjoy it too :)K-so History I have chosen Abeka too :)
SO I naturally was thinking Id get Abeka Math too-but I looked up the core and index and samples and its a little advanced for our level right now--Bob Jones will be much better for him-It details each and every step and its in color-not like Christian Liberty's. So we will be doing Bob Jones Math.
And the best part of all of this is that I can get them at a REALLY good price on that used textbook websight! WHOOT!!!!!
So alls to do now is order them! WHOOT!!!! and send in my affidavid on my decision to homeschool to the school district. Then we are GOOD TO GO!!!!!!!...*big sigh of relief*
Ah.......it feels so good to be decided on and stop the wondering and worrying about what to do.
Darn Medicaid. What a headache. I just got a letter in the mail that our spendown is going to cost $899 this month as there are 3 paychecks in May. And they notify me.....TODAY........!!!!So I had to go and cancel everything all home visits, and behavior in home visits for this month. I have no idea what they are costing Medicaid, but I know we couldnt afford them if we werent on it...so I chose to just pass this month...How messed up is that? So I'll need to call in to the eligibility office at the end of May and everything will go back to normal-hopefully. How messed up is that! Its not like we will have an extra paycheck just floating ard-yeah there are three paydays-but they coinside with all of our normal bills that are at the beginning and end of the month etc--so stupid. Anyway........and we are right in the middle of our paper work being going over for our annual review.....they are such a headache-I dont even want to talk abt THAT process-them loosing my papers...certain people not sending certain papers in..deadlines....LOLOL-its totally not organised....so its no surprise I have no idea what the heck is going on month to month.....anyway......sigh.....Hopefully things will be right back to being confusing as usual come June...;)LOLOLOL
Oh-and I think my 4 rows out in the garden are duds :( I think they should have poked up by now......darn freezing weather at night......o-well-at least Ive got school all settled for next year! :)LOLOLOLOL
1 comment:
Hey girl! I am so pleased that you looked further into ABeka! I loved using them. I was told by their customer service, and yes, you can call them if you want to clarify, that their curriculum is 2 grades above public school at the same level noted. So a 4th grade math book might be high for him, whether he was in 4th grade math in public school or not. Eldest was doing multiplication at the end of 1st grade, so what does that tell ya? LOL
Anyway, talk soon, have fun, LY,
C
Post a Comment