God is my Captain, Dh is 1st Mate, my children are my stewardship, and my salary comes in hugs and kisses!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
"ELECTRIC" -Sarah Palin
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!
I have found a HERO!!!!!!
I actually got to listen to her WHOLE speech tonight. We Tivo'd it last night and sheesh......I dont know what we recorded-but it was a wee smidget of what Sarah said. But the broadcast was made to feel as though it was the whole thing-there was no commentary etc. We missed TUNZ of policy topics etc-the recording started late so thats why I thought we hadnt heard everything-but listening tonight to C-span online-it looks like things were actually OMITTED! How can stations do that? UGH! =MEDIA...sigh.......enough said I guess....
At the beginning she made a special remark abt special needs children. As most know in April she gave birth to a beautiful son with down syndrom. So she is ONE OF US who has an understanding-shes a special needs mom. This is what she said:
" And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the
> world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family
> ever seems typical.
>
> That's how it is with us.
>
> Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges
> and the same joys.
>
> Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.
>
> And children with special needs inspire a special love.
>
> To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a
> message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for
> your sons and daughters.
>
> I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate
> in the White House."
Have we EVER in History had a Vice President utter those words of hope and encouragment?
A friend called me last night and said that while watching and listening to the speech her eyes were tearing up-I didnt understand. Tonight I do.
Im just speechless tonight.....I dont know what else to say......
Heres the WHOLE thing.....
http://rnc08.c-span.org/?z
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment