Wednesday, August 18, 2010

FUN First Day of School.....

Okay-Im back to blogging as you can see...trying to get in on some cute ideas and sorts for ard here-I found this on How Does She...

Which is always loaded with fun.....here is the cool find:


Summer is almost over, and that means school is starting!
New Teachers,
new classmates,
new school supplies,
new school clothes,
and even new schools!
No matter which grade your kid is going into, the first day always seems to be
a little scary, mostly fun, and always a big deal!

At my house, when I was a kid, the first day of grade one* was the biggest deal of all!
This is because my mom made,
The Big Giant Cookie!




Heres the recipe:

Creepy Roommate cookies(you will have to go look at the sight to see why the funny name-its hilarious!LOLOLOL)

2 sticks butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
Mix, then add-

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp water
(I don’t know why a tsp of water would make a difference, but creepy roomate did it, so I don’t mess with it!)
Mix, then add-
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
½ bag chocolate chips
(or 3/4 of the bag, or the whole thing. You know you want to!)
-Dough will be very sticky!-
plop onto pizza pan
-Spread out evenly onto a round pizza pan
-Bake at 350 for ten minutes and check every two to three minutes after, until golden brown.


Whatever you do, just don’t let it pass you by!
Think of something fun to do and then make it a tradition.
When I was a kid it sure made me feel special!

Thks Emily &
Thks Missy for posting this:)



No comments: