Well Im sure you all are dying to know how the interview went....
1 word= horrible!!!!
Ugh! Ugh!!! Thats all I can say.....
You know the night before I went over things-my qualifications etc, things I should say...etc..and I went online to see questions etc...now mind you-ALL my past interviews have been layed back, hired on the spot type jobs...all of them....so I guess I went into this thing not sweatying it-thinking it would be the same...I was nervous..but I thought to myself-how hard could this be??Right? WRONG!
I went to this sight online and it had all these deep thinking questions recalling past experiances etc-and I said to myself-geesh-they wont ask me that...but one question stuck out in my mind" Tell us a little bit about yourself"...so I had that one ready as I thought that one might be a possibility....
Well I guess I should tell you abt the job first:
Its a cook position at the local hospital.:) Im soo excited abt it-its something I really think I would like doing. I have experiance in it-Albersons bakery and the year I was a prep cook helper in the kitchen with the Coast Guard. When I found out I was pregnant they put me on light duty because I couldnt be on the boats anymore. So anyway-I thought well they called me so I must be qualified etc....
So....I get there and out comes a lady in med scrubs like things....so Im thinking okay-they dont wear white...so Im way overdressed...so first off I felt way silly...ugh...
But this lady was very nice and we proceded to the offices part of the Hospital as we needed the resource lady (who was still in a meeting)so we sat down waiting for her and we started chit chatting about things-family, school, etc-I still had no idea who she actually was.....lOLOLOL, but she was nice and it was very comforteable talking with her and we got along really well....
Then the board meeting gets done and in walks the resource lady and pulls out a stack of papers with the dreaded questions I had seen online. Guess which question they started out with....any guesses....."Tell us a little bit about Yourself.. " Well phew-I had that one covered remember...but then the rest totally threw me off...so it was horrible...I think I did okay-but could have done better if I had studied better.
Ive just NEVER had that sort of interview before..so live and learn...Dh says every interview is better practice for the next one-so not to worry abt this one...but I really want this job. So I hope I made a good impression with my personality and quals and they dont go too much on the questions...LOLOL-yeah...right...but I can dream-right?LOLOLOL
At the end they asked me if I had any questions and I had read online that its not good to say "no" so I asked them what a typical day would look like and I could tell they were surprised and they both said that was a very good question...so maybe that will stick in their minds....hoping....
But I did find out that the lady who I was talking with at first and then with the resource lady,(she was asking questions too)is a cook there and I got along really well with her-so maybe just maybe I will get it...keep your fingers crossed...:)
They said a recruiter???will contact me early next week..so we shall see....
Ugh-but what an experience....geesh....glad it is OVER...LOLOLOL
No comments:
Post a Comment