Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stoop Without Sighing.....?

Man-I really have needed to hear this lately...I dont know what it is...but Im constantly sighing lately too...maybee everyones down with the sickies...whatever it is I needed this. I found this on one of my sights I subscribe to-pure jewels I tell ya-pearls of wisdom here:)

As a mom of young children, I can find myself sighing. Too often, actually. The cries for “more milk,” “Help me,” and “Read to me,” can seem endless. And, all too often, I sigh because I’m being interrupted or delayed in a household task or a homeschooling assignment.

I’m not talking about ecstatic or contented sighs. I’m talking about that back of the throat, disgusted kind of sigh. You know the one.

Recently, I was reminded how God stoops without sighing. I can’t remember where I initially heard that metaphor, but it’s a powerful one in my mind.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

God reaches down to humanity, similar in how we moms reach down to our little ones. He is so much bigger, so much more powerful than we are, as we are larger than life to our children. And like our babies before they can crawl, we are helpless without Him.

Yet, when He reaches down to us, He does so without sighing. He is not irritated or disgusted. He is hindered in no way. He loves us with a perfect love. And it’s His joy to help us and to serve us.

That is the kind of parent I desire to be: to help my children with an open heart, to not feel hindered by their interruptions, to see filling their requests as part of my parental privileges. But, sometimes this is easier said than done.

What can I do when I’m tempted to sigh?

1. I can take a deep breath

2. I can count my blessings

3. I can remember His promises
4. I can go to Him



THks Momlife Today

No comments: