Okay-Im feeling like im writing and beating a dead horse here-but I just wanted to say I feel soooo much better abt everything :)And this blog has been sooo helpful. I reread everything and set things straight in my mind and Its been a huge help-Im so glad I started this :)LOLOL
First-Ive got Stingers Doc at Childrens tomorrow morning-wow-gunna have to get up really early to get to Salt Lake by 9:30-but can do it :)Im going to be expressing my concerns and have him look at Stingers school reports and his "plan" and see if he is concerned abt everything that has been going on-I know hes going to be torked abt everything-as he told me basically that the staff at school were just being crazy not giving him the supports that he needed etc......so Im excited abt that-Im going to be def having him write something down this time-so everyone can actually listen to him-more details etc.
Second-I talked to a Mom here in Utah-actually spoke with her on the phone-words cannot express how nice that was to hear an actual MOM on the phone having been down this same road I am traveling :)Sooooooooo nice :)She told me that it might be bad, but that also if its a new principle he might just want to express things and get to know both daddy Bear and I better. This new principle(whom I have met before)is going to be really cool I think. Example-one day when I was having to go back to pick up Stinger at school and had to take all the other kiddoes-he took Flamingo and Monkey into the library. I go in there and there they all are-he was reading a story abt a matador and a bull fight thing and he was being all goofy with a mexican accent-and not really reading-but like so many Moms and Dads do-they animate and fill in words here and there to make it interesting and funny. It was funny to watch-but right there he struck me as a really thoughtful guy-someone I am going to be able to talk with. So this might just be a meeting for everyone to meet etc-and since its not an official IEP meeting I wont be required to sign anything and they wont be able to say this and this is how its going to be etc-its a no pressure on anyone kinda deal? So it MIGHT go like that??????LOLOLOLOL;)-her talk really made me feel better and more confident that I will do the right thing and have been doing the right things etc.
Third-I called the Disability Law Center on Friday. #1-they are violating a "Safe School" law by letting him run off like that(no one has ever told me anything like that and I have asked sooomany dif organisations etc)So taht was good to know anyway, also they told me to tell the school taht they were advising me now and that this is what they had advised me to do (if I get into a corner)Present my paper on my requests(have to have in writing as this gives them a time they have to say yes or no and document with reasons etc by)That "I would like to schedule an IEP when I can have my representation present and that I would be tape recording all future meetings as they put me in situations when they know I wont have representation present and know I am uncomforteable."
The Law Center said they would start to watch what they say from now on when I let them know that they are advising me now:)
So I am much more confident now-that even if it doesnt go my way I can keep my cool and say the right thing and leave.....shhesh-now if I just had my law degree to go with all of this it'd be a cake walk eh? LOLOL
Anyway-im clear of the festering-YEAH!!!!!!For now anyway.......LOLOL;)
Gotta go hit the sack now-for tomorrow ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
Later-
2 comments:
Oh Tammy, I am so glad that you have talked to and found people that know what to do! That's awesome!
I didn't know that you had met this principal already. I'm glad that he seems better than the others you've dealt with. Yippee for great news!
Thanks Cassandra {{HUGS}} :)
Post a Comment