Well today was a BIG day:)And a good day-those two things very often dont go well together-LOLOLOL;)But It was a GOOD day :)
I took Pink Flamingo and Stinger to school today to meet their next years teachers.
Flamingo was just giddy with excitement-she found her name outside and I thought she was just going to fall over-she was just sooo pleased to see her name there on the wall:) LOLOLOL. Then we were greated by her teacher. Flamingo stood there with such an angelic grin with her hands behind her back.-It was SOOOOOO funny! LOLOLOLOL I couldnt help but chuckle;)NO worries at all-I could see it in her face:)This teacher went on to show her all ard the room-acting like Flamingo was just the only thing there-Flamingo just ate that right up :)Showed her where her cubby was and the bathroom in the room. Flamingo through this whole process acted like she was floating on a cloud-you could not erase that grin plastered from ear to ear. The whole process was amusing to say the least.LOLOLOL Flamingo is so eager to just jump right in-its crazy, but oh sooo relieveing, and amusing at the same time-kwim:)Whew!LOLOLOL This teacher is WONDERFUL-and you know how you just get that feeling when a teacher is a good one-well shes the cream on top. I know Flamingo is going to just thrive and be soooooooo happy there. :)
Then we went back to the office and had the principle lead us to Stingers room and introduced us to Stingers teacher. Stinger was a statue-twiddling his fingers-I could just see his tummy churning in knots from the look on his face. The teacher took Stinger ard the room and was telling him this and that-Stinger wasnt listening to anything-just was soo nervous and face down. The teacher was trying so hard and just put on a bigger smile. I did notice she has set up a quiet corner in the back of the room-I liked that and its right under a BIG ceiling vent window thing-just really nice and relaxing. I dont think Stinger even noticed or heard her talking about it, but she went on to explain that the room is kinda dark sometimes because they dont have a window-just that ceiling window thing. Agn-I think this will be great for Stinger :)Unless hes looking up at the window thing all the time for spiders and such-theres alot of spider webs-LOLOLOLOL.
I spoke to the teacher asking how she was feeling about everything and told her that I had had a really good relationship with his past teacher-so if there was anything she wanted to say or concerns she was having to feel free to tell me etc. I think, well I know, she is a bit worried-I could just feel it-or maybee its me-LOLOLOL. Anyway I just wanted her to know she could approach me with anything at any time. She said that was really nice to know and that she was so happy that last years teacher and I had a good relationship-she looked relieved. I wonder who she has been talking with???LOLOLOL But she didnt mention all the research she has done to prepare for a child like Stinger????LOLOLOL So Im assuming she hasnt done any research, or learned any tips etc. Thats to be expected though I guess.....I just had thought, since she had already told the principle she was concerned at last years end IEP meeting that she was concerned etc, that she would have looked up a little on things to be a little prepared-kwim .I dont know-call me paranoid I guess, but she told me they were going to have a great year!!! :)So maybee she has????She said that she would see Stinger on Monday and Stinger was too busy getting out of the room to hear her, or just didnt repond.....Which is no surprise as he doesnt answer questions unles you are looking at him and he at you-and that is a feet unto itself. etc....Anyway I got a so-so feeling from her. I asked Stinger what he thought abt her and he said "Good" So thats a GOOD THING! so I guess??? she passed in his eyes???LOLOLOL
We(teacher, spec ed teacher, principle are all meeting on Friday morning to go over the IEP and just make sure everything is set up okay....so we shall see how that goes.... I called the spec ed teacher -just incase he wasnt invited agn;)-as I want him there!!!!You know who WONT be there-the spec ed district lady!!!WHOOT!!!!!!
So it was a GOOD Day-eh? I think so!!!!!!Im hoping everything runs smoothly this year, but just incase we have a couple of bumps-Ive got my cards up my sleeve this go ard:)So Im confident.
Tomorrow is the parade in town as its fair time agn. Should be loads of fun-the kids are all excited abt it!!!Who doesnt have fun at a parade???!!! Littel Monkey has been bugel-ing ard the house-hes all excited:)LOLOLOL-hes such a little funny guy!!
5 MORE DAYS!!!!!:)
1 comment:
It sure sounds like Jordan can't wait to be in school, kinda reminds me of my oldest! :)
I hope that everything works much smoother this year for Bailey. Hopefully they work with you, not against you, so you won't have to use those "tricks up your sleeve" LOL.
Post a Comment