Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"THEY" called....LOLOL

Okay-
So for anyone who has been following this drama and would like to know;)the school finally called this morning....It was the psychologist and he sounded all chipper-LOLOL;)He always is-its funny.Anyway he was wanting to know if the 9th would be okay
to get togther-and that the district lady was wanting Daddy Bear there.
(okay that right there is a very STRANGE thing)hmmmmmmmmmmm...I have a few thoughts on this-none of them are good ones-kwim?LOLOL They have NEVER asked dh if he could come with me. This whole year it was never mentioned by anyone. But we cant just up and go to something like that as we have three kids-duh!So thats a negative-unless they can have someone there to watch the kids etc-which my advocate said I could ask for. But Ill probably just be going.
I told the psychologist this and he hummed and hawed.....gee....then went on to say that EVERYONE was going to be there-but it wasnt an IEP meeting. So this kinda threw me for a loop too. I just thought it was a simple table meeting to discuss these two test results. OBVIOUSLY I am mistaken-the principle will be there along with the district lady I love so much:P, case manager, spec ed teacher, next years teacher,psychologist, testers from district,I probaly am missing a few "key" people in there somewhere-LOLOL(if anyone is wondering this is what an IEP meeting consists of when everyone meets together and "discusses" things goals etc-disagreements)
So I am in for a treat I imagine.YEE-HAW!
Then he goes on to say that the principle( new this year)has alot of things to tell everyone at the meeting and is excited abt these things(okay what ARE these things???)and why are THEY are all excited abt "these "things.LOLOLOL
Okay as you all know me- the red flags are flashing with all of this and I immediately called my advocate. Of course shes not going to be able to come to this meeting with me-thats when all her meetings are is in the morning and I can only have meetings in the morning etc-so Ill be going it alone it looks like-GREAT! LOLOL
So Im super paranoid now-LOLOLOL
Its either going to go two ways:
1. The tests are in agreement with the Childrens' doc-seeing some Autism Spectrum Disorder.(this is what I am hopeing for)-they have found an Autism consultant to come support the teacher for next year, all Stingers supports will stay inplace, they will finally see the Stinger I have been talking about, they will change his behavior plan to include positive replacement behavior instead of just discipling him,all in all their "thoughts on things" will change and they will do all they can to help Stinger succeed in school and learn!!!:)
2. The tests show no form of ASD-they want to change the label to emotional disorder, slowly take away all his suports in place right now-FORGET abt the autism consultant coming in as Stinger is just a "discipline" problem(which is how the district-no she isnt a doctor but thinks she is-lady thinks anyway), maybee change his classroom placement,no need to figure out WHY behaviors are happening-as he is just a "discipline" issue now anyway....so no support for the teacher besides disciplining Stinger for his behaviors so more time outs that ever before, more just watching him run away, more of everything I dont agree with at all.
Yeah I know what you are thinking-Its not going to be THAT bad -well judging on this district ladys opinion on alot of things so far it WILL be that bad if not worse.What I wrote was pretty sugar coated-LOLOL
But I think Ive come up with a plan-if I dont agree with the test scores I will table(leave" the meeting)-plain and simple and not waste mytime listening to anything more they have to say....LOLOLOL
Yeah you know I wont do that-but if I get to overwhelmed with anything I will leave....
Well thats my strategy-eh? As I have no idea what they will be presenting me with-I HATE that. They will all be there ard the table I will walk in and then -BAM-im stuck in a corner scrambling to just get any words out...
UGH-Im not looking forward to this meeting-but it needs to be done and soon so I dont want to reschedule it just so my advocate can come. ILl keep digging in my head and try and figure out this a little more.....like I dont have this in my head 24/7 as it is anyway....sigh....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Tammy, I don't even know what to say. ((hugs)) girl, I hope that things work out okay. It would be nice if the advocate could do a bit of juggling and fit you in, though.

Even if she can't come, you have a higher advocate (God) that will help you know what to say and do. Pray for Him to help you and give you wisdom and peace to deal with this meeting. I'll be praying that everything goes well also :)

MommyTof3 said...

Thanks Cassandra-I tried to juggle with a meeting with her before, and it just went back and forth from the schools schedule and hers-it drove me nuts. Shes a really good advocate-but she lives abt 2 hrs away-so any meeting I ask her to come to -if shes got other plans that day-usually she wont be able to make it deal-kwim? BUMMER frsure:(
Ive been asking all my forums and EVERYONE is teeling me not to dare go it alone:(But I dont want to reschedule as school is fixin to start-I want the problems to be now if there are any-kwim, not when Bailey is IN school....whattado?????:(UGH!
Thanks for your prayers girl.{{HUGS}}He's defenitely been hearing from me often these days
Love ya BB

MommyTof3 said...

Thanks Amy-I have had so much support from the whole IEP team-his teacher often wrote me notes expressing my concerns and agreeing with me-she adored Bailey, the spec ed teacher told me that he agreed Bailey needed an aide. Then this district lady got involved and no one speaks up anymore-they dont dare even talk-so I literally feel so alone at these meetings now.
Your experiance is what I am fearing they are all up to-that -BAM-they are gunna spring it on me at this next meeting.
How did you manage to make your teacher speak up????-everyone here is so terrified of this district lady.
Well I guess I will just prepare for the worst-that way there will be no surprises.....I will think up the worst senario they could possible spring me with and get some materials to support MY case.
Thanks so much for your encouragement-it means soooo much((HUGS))