Monday, September 18, 2006

Im slowly going craaaazzzzyyyyyyyyy!AGH!

VENT comin' on strong...
Well I took the easy way out here.....Maybee if I vent my frustrations and feelings abt this it will just go AWAY!!!!!!!...sigh.......

Okay so littel Monkey is taking his quiet time out here with Stinger(as Stinger likes to watch a little TV before retiring to his room-its not really a quiet time now is it....well Im open for ANY suggestions here.....now we are dealing with the TWO of them-Stinger arguing that he doesnt want Monkey out here as this is HIS time-ARGH!!!

Okay-so I must tell you what the deal is with little Monkey here.....these repetative phrases.."it okay I close my eyes???!!!"I woke up bright and early at 4 AM this morning-just like I did last night and the night before, and the night before,with him crying and saying this and having a MAJOR meltdown as I wasnt there to respond to this phrase.....

Okay I didnt see this coming AT ALL-its been like this for as long as I can remember-me having to do certian things and having things just so at BEDTIME-I dealt with this with Stinger as well, so I thought it would get better???LOLOLOLand was somewhat just what I needed to do to calm him-so I did and he did-right? Well its getting worse-now its a quiet time too!!!!
This is how it goes(in case anyone wants to step into my world):

Monkey-"Goodnight Mom"
me-"Goodnight Monkey"
Monkey-"Have a goodtime on puter";)LOLOL He knows me well eh? LOLOL
me"Thank you Monkey"
Monkey-" Okay I close my eyes??!"
me-"yes Monkey, Its okay you close your eyes"
Monkey-" I love you Mom"
me-"I love you too Monkey"
Monkey-" It okay I close my eyes??"
Word for word-each and every time. And so the saga continues...after I close the door, after I go in the other room, after I go upstairs, and after I go to bed(hey I didnt say sleep did I?)....sigh....
So now its at nap(or quiet time)too....
I also forgot to prompt him to tell Daddy when he left today that(Monkey-" I have lots of firetrucks" needed to be said-so of course a meltdown and running to his room in tears-until I call Daddy and let Monkey say it yet agn.....(thsi also need to be said each and every time Dh leaves for work.

So I of course, consult the many experts of children and this is what they say:

"I have a friend who has high functioning autism and is an adult, she
says sometimes she repeats things to hear the sound of the words(she also
writes poetry and feels it is her way of communicating that works best
for her, she gets into a language flow that way). Sometimes kids repeat
things to get the same answer, because as she also says, she 'seeks
same" or predictability. These kids have so much trouble with transitions
and changes, that they seek something that will remain the same, that's
why many have repetitive behaviors, whether opening and closing things,
or repeating words and waiting for that same reassuring answer. As they
adjust to things, they may drop some questions, or not be as
anxious...just a couple reasons I have seen higher functioning kids give who can
express themselves.."

Okay so does that make me feel ANY better???????I dont think I have to answer that question........sigh....not right now anyway....sigh.....I REFUSE to think about it!!!!!!....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you explain to Bailey that if he wants quiet time in a "community room" then he has to share the room, but if he wants his own space maybe he should have his quiet time in "his own room" so maybe he'll realize that there are seperate and shared spaces?

Did Billy see a movie or show or something or maybe a commercial about "don't close your eyes?"

That's when big J would have the most nightmares. When there would be those creepy commercials during the early evening. You can't turn the tv fast enough, geesh.

We were having little J wake with nightmares, but I read that a protein and carb snack before bed to prevent blood sugar drop in the middle of the night, (which can cause nightmares) helps and since I started that, there have only been a few.

Maybe you could ask what he sees when he closes his eyes, or why he is asking to close his eyes when he isn't in the throws of a nightmare. I told you what big J told me about the window when I asked that though, so be prepared! lol. Maybe light hits his window at that time and wakes him? Just some ideas. I'll talk to ya later!