Well today was Stingers conference with his teacher. We went over a couple of test scores etc-district class assessments. Stinger has improved sooo much in just a short time this year...His Math scores were unbelieveable-some he scored 100%-way above the average-shapes, sequencing, add and subtract) That sure made him proud of himself. Math was something he sooooo struggled with last year-getting so frustrated-and then giving up and not completing it. Total change this year :)But litte did we all know that he just needed a little help to get that knowlege out.....WHAT A CHANGE :)One thing that I think is interesting is that he is still insisting on using a number line and one of the goals we agreed on was that he would start to learn a counting method instead-be it hands etc, counting up from the started number etc. He seams stuck on this number line-so we are going to have to work on this.....I think its all a matter of him trusting something different and new-kwim? We just need to reinforce that it doenst change the answer-he'll still get it right ;)
Spelling and Writing we still need to work on as he is still quiet below his peers. His teacher actually defended his work on the wall saying that it didnt look like much of a sentence, but that he had done all the work himself and she was ecstatic abt it :) She said some REALLY nice things at the meeting. Stinger is sure lucky to have gotten her this year. I know I have been pretty hard on her at times, but I still feel that she is one of those teachers that you are oh so lucky to have.....
The spec ed teacher was there as well-emphasising how important it is whenever Stinger pokes or pushes-immediate timeout(we have settled on a chair instead*rolls eyes*) should be inforced, and I could tell that his regular teacher doesnt always inforce this-she stated that she hated to have Stinger missout on things in the classroom. Did I say how wonderful she is turning out to be for Stinger? LOLOLOL Then the two "talked and agreed";) how important it is for Stinger to stay in there as much as possible-LOLOLOL
She asked me if I would like a detailed report on the testing(no one has ever asked me that before)as I could see what needed to be worked on etc. I was all for that :)
So the meeting went extremelly well and I feel like she and I are totally on the same page here. She stated again how pleased she has been with Stinger-that they do have off days, but then he is right on track again-making sure his deask is straightend and tidy(WOW) and she loves having him in her class...:)
Flamingo's meeting is tomorrow and I will update on hers then......
2 comments:
I missed this entry! LOL
It sounds like B's teacher is trying to work with him, and that's awesome! I would think that a number line and getting the answer right is better than not getting addition or subtraction at all, no?
What ever happened with J's report?
Yeah, I dont see the big deal either-she said something at the meeting-I guess she has told Bailey if hes "at a grocery store that he cant pull out a number line as that would be silly" :( That satement made me feel funny inside as I thought it was kinda mean-I dunno.......Hmmmmm...I dont think theres anything wrong with pulling out a paper-I mean I use lists dont you???LOLOL. I can remember as a kid feeling oh so "silly" still having to count on my fingers-I wish I had learned the number line better to use that instead...LOLOL Would have saved ME some embarrasment-kwim?
Post a Comment