Im concerned agn-Hey-WHATS NEW!!!!!!!!
Its this new teacher(okay.....I KNOW everyone adores her already..)
Its this friend that Stinger has(okay.....This is Wonderful that Stinger has a friend-I KNOW this)
Its just some things are not going as perfectly planned-LOLOLOL. Maybee Im just paranoid-as usual.
Stinger has been coming home with little things now-not all smiley faces etc-and they are at recess and lunch etc, PE etc. Ive had a talk with him to try and figure things out and honestly I dont know what to do.
Stinger was literally crying and upset abt getting a frowny face-and I was stumped.....Seams this new friend has alot of the touchy feely things Stinger was dealing with last year-trouble with peers, pinching, kicking, going back to his bullies-when he should be leaving them alone or telling the tecaher. Stinger feels that this is his best buddy and that it is HIS job to be out there ALWAYS by his side protecting him....be it maybee having to punch a kid to leave this friend alone...Stinger said numerous times he would do this....then he started to cry.:(
But anyway Stinger feels he needs to be there and teach this kid and keep him out of trouble-as he KNOWS what trouble is;)LOLOLOL, but he ends up getting caught right in the middle and of course doesnt understand that EVERYONE is watching Stinger and sees him involved-thus blaming Stinger.......I just told him that he needs to be VERY careful with choices he is making and that he needs to tell the teachers. But we all know what good that does. This friend is delayed as well so he doenst alwasy understand what peers are doing or meaning and takes things wrong I think too-just as Stinger does..
My heart is torn as we will probaly be having to go back to guided recesses(as we had last year)honestly dont ask me why we stopped. But now its going to be a REAL problem starting them agn, as he has made this STRONG attachment with this friend. So I dont know what to do. This is the 1st friendship Stinger has had with ANY peer and its not looking so good.....Stinger has done sooo well with his impulse issues and I am sooo proud of him, but this friend isnt having the same luck it seams and I dont know what to tell Stinger......
For example today-there was a kid waiting outside the lunch doors and told them that he was going to watch Stinger and this friend all recess-Stinger and this friend didnt like that they ran away then the kid chased them then they chased them etc.... and so the chasing began-and then Stinger got in trouble and recieved a frowny face:( This is what Stinger said-and hes not a lier at ALL. Thats one thing abt Stinger-he tells the truth-has never been caught not saying what really happend or anything that a typical kid does when they think they are in trouble-he comes right out and says what went on.He has given me no reason to doubt what he says when especially abt school issues-hes always been right on. So when he tells me something, and I have to pry it out of him, I sit up and take it seriously...He tells it all and says it like it is- But others dont believe him much of the time-which was the case last year-until the principle got involved-went outside and actually watched Stinger at recesses and noticed that he was indeed getting picked on like he said...sigh.....NO ONE believed us until then...
I talked with the principle abt it and he is concerned that Stinger isnt playing with any other kids etc and that they cant seam to seperate them. But if anyone knows Stinger this is not going to be an easy task if attempted and I can just see trouble.....Once he has something or someone stuck in his head, like he does with this friend-thats were he will be, thats what he will talk abt, and thats what IS important!!!-kwim? No talking him out of it just like his conversations-If its in there-thats what we talk abt etc.
Then the teacher......sigh......she has only nice things to say abt Stinger...but something just feels off. I talked to the spec ed teacher abt why the board wasnt being used(its in his IEP)Its a transition board to help him visually see what is coming next so he isnt anxious or worried abt things etc. He especially needs this at transition times as he gets very nervous-not wanting to go into the classroom etc-if he hasnt been prepared each and every time. The teacher has a "class" schedule but it doesnt help Stinger as he cant understand the words on it!!!????I even brought the board up at this last IEP meeting!!!!!So the speced teacher said he would talk to the teacher and now they have put pictures up by the words???-so still no board!!!!!When Stinger gets pulled out of class for his things speech etc-how is THIS schedule going to help him????Stingers teacher is also not wanting to disrupt HER schedule for hi social scripts(stating at the IEP meeting that "OH!He cant miss calendar time!!!" UGH...and then the sped teacher walking on tip toes ard this-not wanting to offend her.....he stated that the Social Scripts(they are stories set up just for Stinger that have certian situations on them-so he can see actual events taking place and are helping him know what to do when certian situations like that come up that he has trouble reacting to etc) are very important and that he likes to start the day off with them with Stinger so he can think abt them first thing-I am in total aggreement with this.....but then the teacher has her own schedule that cant be changed???
Little things like that are bugging me-I REALLY have no idea what is going on in that classroom and Stinger says he hardly sees his sped teacher at all anymore. How is that possible when he is suppoed to go to reading with him, writing and social scripts etc EACH day???? He is also suposed to coem into teh calls and help Stinger at Math time-So something is up.....
The teacher sent home Stingers spelling words and its words like amphibian etc????(Stinger had no idea what that even was)with no directions etc-Stinger had no clue what he was supposed to do with them-neither did I-so I had to call her and tell her that Stinger has a hard time remembering or telling me directions and that any info that needs to be conveyed back out to parents-no matter how little or big it is- needs to be written down????I still dont know if they are having a test on Friday-I HOPE not!!!!Since nothing was sent home abt it. But I dont think she is understanding how these little things are BIG things to Stinger and he needs help here.... I honestly dont think she has even seen the IEP-or why would she not know these things????
I dont know-its just bugging me is all.....I see this teacher and I know she is a good teacher. She is VERY structured and Stinger needed this,she adores him and all, was hand picked for him as were the peers in his class...but...its like she has her little ducks and doesnt want them out of order or out of HER line so to speak-kwim? And that is going to catch up with Stinger sooner or later.....I think hes been dealing with it REALLY well...but its going to catch up to them all I think as they arent supplying his proper supports as they should be.I just dont undersatnd thsi at all -and I feel like im a nagging parent here.....
But Ive got a meeting on the 19th-so hopefully we can get it all out then????
So the story begins yet agn........
1 comment:
Well, I hope that this teacher starts working with Bailey!
It seems odd to me that the principal is concerned about who Bailey picked as a friend and doesn't like it?
As far as I know, when you try to tell a kid who is good or bad for them and who they can have as a friend, they will generally pick who they want bad for them or no. You could ask my parents about that one LOL.
Hopefully everything gets straightened out on September 19th!
Post a Comment