Well I know it was Monday-Im sooo slow.
So it was decided to try a Movie....:)I was voting to go to Willard Lake, but was highly outvoted when Dh mentioned a "movie anyone??" LOLOLOL.How do you compete with that!!!!! So Movie it was.....
This was little Monkeys first movie and our families first movie all together. Monkey was sooo funny-he was sooo excited, yet when asked abt it-he had NO IDEA! LOLOLOLOL Too funny;)Stinger and Flamingo have both been before with either dh and I or Papa and Nana-so they knew what to expect and were just as excited:)
We decided to see 'Cars'. Something everyone would enjoy. We had previously thought abt Monster House-but it got terrible reviews by parents-so that was out....
So we load up the kids with each their own propcorn/drink/candy(you know those combo meal things)Monkey boy was just beside himself and I think he had finished his popcorn before we even went in to the theatre-LOLOLOL. But not to worry-he stil had his candy and drink;)LOLOLOLWhew!;)Stinger and Flamingo did just fine carrying all their goodies and wouldnt think about having any help-lest they somehow loose one of the yummy items-LOLOL
So we all sat down to enjoy a movie for the first time EVER-and guess what......we all did!!!!!!It was one word and one word only-blissful. Okay I know what you are saying -how can a Cars movie with a bunch of screaming kids ard and a loud car screeching be anything "blissful"???But thats just it-I sat down looked ard-other parents looked frazzled, other children looked cranky and you could hear it.LOLOL Then I looked at our kids-eyes glued to the screen, smiles plastered from ear to ear on each face = blissful. Our little family each one in a total happy place.Its as if time wa sstanding still and we were all alone in their-kwim?
I knwo ist hard to understand. But when you have to think abt taking 3 kids with you wherever you go-these things all way out and have to be considerd. A 4,6,and 7yr old and the 4 yr old constantly a little monkey with ants in his pants, and Stinger a complete mystery how he will react to things-places and events are NEVER taken lightly-LOLOLOL. And WHEN they are a success-it is something to be celebrated and CONTINUED!!!!LOLOL
So I think we have decided to make this a monthly "family thing" it just went over soooo well.
We stopped at Sonic on teh way home and got a bite to eat-the kids were just so goofy-not touching anything, totally in the off zoning out etc-I guess the movie wore them out or they were just plum stuffed. They all nodded off in the car on the drive back home.
A great Labor Day?? I thought so........
4 comments:
Sounds like an awesome time!
How wonderful, and yes! I understand the bliss! Jeff took Eva to a movie for the first time in July, Garfield...her favorite, and I was home and turned up my Rascal Flatts so loud, I could not even hear myself think. It was awesome! She loves the movies, weird how a kid with so many sensory issues liked the movies, but she did! I am happy for you! Now, get Dad to take the kids to a movie without you and enjoy the quiet! Thinking of you, Judy
Thanks Cassandra:)It was amazing and the whole time Im thinking" okay now why havent we done this sooner??"-LOLOL
LOLOLOL-Judy. I sooo know what you mean abt the sensory stuff.Ive been having a nightmare of a time in the morning with Bailey and those little sock bumps in your tennis shoes. He WANTED to skip break today at school as they were bothering him soo much.....sigh-but he Lovesssssssss the blaring movies;) Cant figure that out AT all!!!
Post a Comment