Well I had quiet a talk with Stinger yesterday Wanting to get a reason -anything as to why he doesnt like group. I was expecting him to say he hated the kids, the teacher-something along that line. But no...he goes on to list EVERYTHING-and trust me its everything-LOLOLOL
He doesnt like the teachers, the kids, the classroom, the stairs, its too hot, its too cold, the building smells funny......... teh list goes on and on and on and on and on.....
Im beginning to see what is going on here. Its the going someplace other than home deal yet again. This is the one thing during the week that I insist he goes out for. He will go with me to the store etc-doesnt object when its an outing of sorts. But going somewhere to drop Flamingo off or going to the store when we are supposed to be home doing the "schedule" he doesnt like AT ALL-and Ill hear abt it for the whole day........Some things he is okay to do and some times the schedule can be changed and its okay-but other times( like group, or dropping off sibs etc) is just not in his mind what is supposed to be going on at that certain time......
Okay...... confusing I know......and no-I havent quiet figured the whys and how to handle this yet.......
But I think I have established that its not group or the people per say-its going period, and at that time......for some reason its not right.....
He knows hes going out-so its not the change of schedule...He doesnt care for all kids-so its not these kids in particular,
But hes going out and he doesnt like it......
-okay after all that rambling Ive realised I still have no idea what Im talking about-LOLOLOLOL maybee a littel closer to figuring it out though-eh? ;)LOLOLOL
Anyway...Flamingo had her teacher conference today. She got a wonderful report as usual-is a joy to have in class and is always smiling and helping others:)
Teacher has noticed one area of concern and its her fluency when reading or sounding out. She has all the Phonics skills to do it, but she is taking a long time to finish a sentence.
One thing I havent been stressing with Stinger is the timed tests, the timed math, the timed reading.....I mean why add to his stress-kwim? I dont really see the point-Id rather him understand and know what he is saying that have him spit out something just for speed. But Flamingo is having to do all the timed drills in class and isnt doing so well I guess. Teacher gave me short stories to do with her every night and get her speed up????why??????Im just thrilled she is reading and doing so well-so what if its a little on the slow side? I dont know -maybee its just me.....but Id rather her get answers right than have it done quickly......call me clueless I guess.....
Is it THAT important-should I be doing this with Stinger? I brought home some rocket math sheets to try with him at any rate-I KNOW it wont fly well-LOLOLOLOL, so I might not even take another glance at them....LOLOLOLOL
What do you all think-important or no?
No comments:
Post a Comment