Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Mind Festering Yet Again....

Okay-I posted this on my Homeschooling Aspie board to see what they have to say....Just something Ive been festering abt along with Stinger I guess.......hmmmm.....Anyway thought Id take you into the mind of Momma Bear tonight.....
I know.... scary-LOLOLOLOL

Hi Everyone- Im festering here...once again......LOLOLOL Whats new.....--------- is doing SOOOOOO well academically since I pulled him out of PS this year. It has been the BEST decision I have ever made-I dont think we will ever be going back......:)

BUT........Im festering abt his social skills. He's going to a social group-the teachers understand him really well and let him have his space, and give him room, yet try and coax him to interact with the other kids.....----- HATES going. He starts obsessing abt it on Monday and it doesnt stop until Wed( when he goes)He wants to know when he is going to be able to stop going as he isnt getting into pushing or shoving matches or any trouble lately....he says hes been doing everything I have asked him to do-to tolerate. So he thinks he should be allowed to stop going now-LOLOLOL

He still will not interact with any of the kids-he especially doesnt like many of the girls and wont talk to them, wont join in with the activities. He just will sit by the window( safe) the whole group time.

Ive talked to the Docs and they say its his anxiety and he will always be somewhat this way. -----has told me" this is how I am Mom-I dont want to get close, I dont want to make friends" :(

So what am I doing here? Do I keep him going? If it was up to him he'd be at home all day long following his "routine" and he'd be happy as pie. Playing with his toys in his room-occasionally playing with his sibs. Will this change? By keeping him going to this social group am I just refusing to accept this part of him? --------is only 8 so I know he is still young..maybee he'll change, and if he doesnt? Is it okay? Is it okay to be able to tolerate, yet not want to be ard others?

I guess Im just wondering what you all have decided to do with a child who has no desire to socially connect with anyone outside the family.....how long do you try and change this? do you try and change this? How old are your kids and have they changed, etc???? Guess Im just looking for any advice-if Im doing anything right here-LOLOLOL because some days it sure doesnt feel like I am , or not enough...then sometimes too much...ugh.....sigh....??? As usual-Im lost..... Anyone can help-Id be sooo appreciative{{HUGS}}

K-I guess Il let you know if I am ever enlightened with this perplexing question being answered........LOLOLOL
* yeah-I woulndt be holding your breath* ;)







No comments: