Friday, July 18, 2008

Mommas in the House!!!LOLOLOLOL-but wouldnt it be sooo cool!!!!LOLOLOL

Well I got an interesting call today from the Utah Parent Center.
You know how Im always saying how I need to be on some kind of policy board or something that can make a difference in the lives of kids who are still living the heckish nightmare that we went through....
Well.... Seams Ive been nominated for a position on U Seek-which is an advisory panel for the State of Utah under the Superintendant which deals with special education policies and issues. Basically they come up with solutions to problems and policies.
They meet in Salt Lake City-but will reimburse for miles etc. The meetings are abt 4-5 times a year with a training session in the Summer. Sounds doable-right?

Anyway-THIS would be a step in the door-ykwim? Into all the mess that I feel needs to be changed for teh safety and rights of our kids.

They can only pick 2 people for the spot. 6 people have already been nominated. They will be voting next Friday....Its a 3 year term-but can saty on at teh end of 3 years if I want etc. I woulndt get paid for it-but MAN-talk abt an opportunity-eh?

She did say that I did have some things in my favor as I am in the North, live in a rural area and this is representation they are lacking. :)

So if it is meant to be I will get it I guess.....but MAN-Im really hoping I do.
Cross them fingers and toes for me guys! :)








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aweome news! Praying that you will get the position!

LYBB,
C

MommyTof3 said...

Thanks C {{HUGS}}:)