Well today started out like a normal day. Kids getting breakfast, getting Dh's tea, feeding and taking the doggies potty-normal...........
The kids went out to play after breakfast and the dh left for work. Stinger comes in all out of breath and is holding Tink(our little 6 month old min-pin). I guess Tink had gotten under the fence right there under to our neighbors back yard. Now this would have been a "Notty Tink" moment-but she has never gotten through the fence to our neighbors before. They have a wolf and Husky -pretty BIG dogs-kwim? They were out! They got ahold of Tink and were pawing at her ,Stinger said, in a hole that she couldnt get out of. They then proceded to grab her and pick her up with their mouth. Stinger saw all of this happening-I had absolutely NO idea-I was inside cleaning up the kitchen.
Stinger immediately hopped over the fence and grabbed Tink and went over the fence carrying her to safety. Looking back I see how much he cared abt Tink and thought abt HER as he was doing this-WHAT an example of Empathy-eh? Hes a real hero in my book-as well as Tinks Im sure.
So we get her inside and she can barely move and has doggie slobber from the dogs next door all OVER her-poor thing. So we give her a bath and lay her down on some blankets so she is comforteable. I notice when I picked her up taht there was squishy material all along her side where there shouldnt be. Its the absolute worsed feeling it like crinkled and made a squishing crinkling sound under my hand-which I KNOW wasnt right. She is breathing really labored and is barely moving as she is laying there. I try and coax her to eat some tuna and she sniffs it , but wont touch it-THIS is when I start to get REALLY worried as she usually goes ga-ga for tuna. Im having abt a heart attack during this whole thing by the way...
So I call the vet who ask me to check her gums-which are gray and they should be white. She tells me we need to get in to the office as time is of the essence. That she might not make it. So I REALLY start to freak out now and I call Dh.
So I load up the kiddoes and we get to the vet and they take ex-rays and IV and everything. Seams she punctured a lung so she has to be on antibiotics for awhile to get rid of the contaminate that was caused by the puncture of teeth. She has some bruising too and that noise I felt was air thats not supposed to be there.......ack! But they said they didnt have to use a tube-which was a good thing and to watch her and call if her breathing changes or there is more air on her side.
Tonight as I was lifting her to go potty outside I can feel more air now- its under her belly and on her other side too......sigh....So I dont think we are out of the woods yet, but her breathing is okay so we shall see what develops this weekend I guess.....Poor Tink!!!!!!
Ugh-I keep blaming myself knowing I shouldnt have left her outside for so long-she just takes FOREVER going potty-we had even considered selling her-buts shes like my little baby. Dh told me today that we could just see how it goes or we could take her to the vet. So I think right then and there I made the choice she is staying with us no matter what or how hard she is being to potty train. Guess you dont know how close you are to something until you risk loosing it-kwim?
I have to pick her up as shes still not doing so well with stairs to go potty outside. Have to feed her by hand and bring her water right under her head f her to drink. I dont care-Ill do whatever it takes to make sure shes going to be okay.....But I hate picking her up-as I know it hurts and every time I can feel that air squishing. But she is surely but surely doing slowly better-she got up a little this afternoon to go on the back porch for a bit.
So Im crossing all my fingers and toes and saying many prayers. Please if you are reading this send some prayers up for her as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment