![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Well this is Bear :)
He is SUCH a goofy guy-he sure does remind me of Ding......hes really goofy when he clobbers ard he is like a bull in a china shop;)His back side has a mind of its own-it goes one way and his upper portion doesnt seam to follow-LOLOLOL. But he has taken to everyone soooo well. He barks when the kids, dh and I walk by him in the kitchen without greeting him.
He's really fun to love on as he's so big-its like hugging a huge teddy bear and he just LOVES affection. He's taken alot more work than I had planned. Initially we thought he was a year old which meant he was potty trained and had the basic care down-well he doesnt. We have had to coax him down the stairs just to go use the potty. He would whine and cry and ist juts basic things like this that he has never learned are okay that we have had to teach him. Tonight he actually came all the way down to the basement-which was AWESOME-but he didnt come past the stairs-LOLOLOL despite teh jkids and I coaxing him to come. We havent been pushing as we want him to get used to things and not force him-unless Im taking him potty-but he comes down the stairs to the door now and loves to go outside. So hes doing alot better and getting the hang of things ard here.
He hadnt gotten his dew claws taken off as a puppy-so last week we took him to the vet to get this done as they were just flopping ard and we were worried taht they might snag on the carpet. It was so amazing at the vet. Everyone wanted to pet him and no one was scared of him-which is usually the negative response Rottie's get. There was even a female Rottie there in one of the rooms and the owner took her out and Bear was happy to meet her and they both sniffed each other and licked each other. It was so cute. No one was intimidated by Bear which was a nice change. The vet even called him dopey-LOLOLOL. So it was a good experiance as I was wondering how it woudl go and was pleasantly surprised by it all.
Hes been in alot of pain sicne getting his dew claws off. They bandaged them and he wont even let us touch them without crying out in pain. So I just decided to leave them as I didnt want to hurt him. They were supposed to come off Monday. So I called the vet and told him abt him limping and crying and they want to look at him tomoorw to see if there is something wrong. But tonight when I wastaking him out the wrap came off and he hasnt been limping and hes all happy and back to being Bear again. So I guess it wa steh bandage that was hurting him. Hes playing with Puddin now and hes all goofy again-so I guess we can cancel the apt for tomorrow-which is good-I hated to see him in so much pain.
So he's just adjusting to our new home. The kids just love him and he licks them all over-LOLOLOL. Dh loves him too as I think he thinks of Bell(our first Rottie) when he sees him. And me-well.......it goes without saying that hes got a special place in my heart now as all my sweeties do :)

No comments:
Post a Comment