WEll...... Yesterday was a turning point......
I wasnt keeping up on things and Stingers IEP wasnt being followed.Just goes to show-when things are quite-just like the kids-something is wrong or not right!RIGHT???LOLOLOL Have you not learned this already???LOLOL I thought we were doing sooo well..sigh....but little did I know his Speech Therapy hadnt been done AT all since the beginning of the year. He's supposed to get this 2 times a week-per IEP. Its pretty important as they are supposed to be working on eye contact, reciprical conversations, body expressions, facial expressions etc. Things Stinger really needs if he is going to want to socialize well.
I guess the Speech Therapist went into the hospital and she has been on leave this entire year!!!! And no-no one was replacing her, no one told me, I had NO idea. Until I asked Stinger how he was doing with this lady and he said he hadnt seen her???So I called the spec ed teacher and he said that it was taking longer than they had thought but that they should be getting a sub para for her next week. WEll.. next week came and went and yet no Speech still.
So I wrote the IEP commitee that I was aware of this, that Stingers IEP stated he needs this to benefit from his special education and that I knew they knew that an IEP was a Legal Document and that I was sure they were concerned abt this as much as we were.;) I requested a signiture and date and that compensatory services be started immediately. This is when they make up for missed services.
So I gave it to them and WOW! I heard back within that same day from the district, and principle and got an apoligy letter from the district and VOILA comp services started today!!!
Supposedly the paras who were supposed to have handled the Speech Therapist absents got a talkin to from the Principle also-as he had told the district this would be a problem and thought it had been dealt with a month ago when HE had brought it up.....
I went to the school today and asked for a copy of the letter and BOY-I was treated like a queen! LOLOLOL I have NEVER met such a nice principle as the one I met today. "Good Morning" -all chipper and a reminder that they would be dating and signing each and every speech therapy session-LOLOLOL
And get this: the principle told me on the phone that out of 60 kids who were getting, or supposed to be getting, Speech Therapy-I was the only one who had brought this to his attention. Now I know my nuttiness is worth every nutty look-LOLOL
So live and learn I guess-letters are the way to go my friends:) :) :)Microsoft Word I think is my new best friend-I just have this flutter feeling inside;)LOLOLOL
He-He;)LOLOLOL. We are going to be close-very close;)LOLOLOLOL
Now if only I had learned this in 2005!!!!!!
2 comments:
you go, girl! :)
Hey! when are you going to post again?? :)
Post a Comment