Monday, March 12, 2007

"The Misunderstood Child"

Okay-get out the tissues here guys......
I bet this runs through Stingers head at least once every day :( And Im sure he feels this way dispite the smiles he so freely shines our way........It hurts to read things like this,but I think its good to ALWAYS rememer even when things look so good and things look so easy...that I remember how hard it really is and how hard Stinger is trying each and every day to succeed-kwim? And for me to remember to not take each and every one of his accomplishments for granted.

THE MISUNDERSTOOD CHILD

I am the child that looks healthy and fine.
I was born with ten fingers and toes.
But something is different, somewhere in my mind.
And what it is , nobody knows.

I am the child that struggles in school,
Though they say that I am perfectly smart.
They tell me I'm lazy - can learn if I try.
But I don't seem to know where to start.

I am the child that won't wear the clothes
Which hurt or bother my feet.
I dread sudden noises , cant handle most smells,
And tastes -there are few foods I'll eat.

I am the child that cant catch the ball
And runs with an awkward gait.
I am the one chosen last on the team
And I cringe as I stand there and wait.

I am the child with whom no one will play
The one that gets bullies and teased.
I try to fit in and I want to be liked,
But nothing I do seems to please.

I am the child that tantrums and freaks
Over things that seem petty and trite.
You'll never know how I panic inside
When I'm lost in my anger and fright.

I am the child that fidgets and squirms
Though I'm told to sit still and be good.
Do you think that I choose to be out of control?
Dont you know that I would if I could?

I am the child with the broken heart
Though I act like I dont really care.
Perhaps there's a reason God made me this way-
Some message he sent me to share.

For I am the child that needs to be loved
And accepted and valued too.
I am the child that is misunderstood,
I am diffeerent - but look just like you.


> > > Sharron Fowler> >





No comments: