Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Mothers Love

A Mother's love (adapted from 1 Corinthians 13)


If I speak truths from God's Word and train my children in theLord, but have not God's love flowing from me to them, the words Iteach are as noisy as a barking dog, a broken muffler, or a colickybaby at 2:00 a.m.

And if I have all manner of wisdom and knowledge in the latestchild-rearing techniques, if I have an understanding of childpsychology, and if I have subscriptions to every parenting magazineon the market but don't have God's love flowing from me, I amnothing.

If I have all the faith I could ever need, so that I couldmove mountains, keep the house clean, or potty-train a two-year old,but do not do it in love, I am nothing.

Even if I leave behind my own dreams and ambitions to raise mychildren, and even if I stay up for nights on end with sick chicken,sleepless babies, and mountains of laundry, but I complain and murmurabout lack of sleep, God's love is not in me and I am accomplishingnothing.

A loving mother is patient enough to wait for a child whoinsists on tying her own coat.

A loving mother is kind to herchildren even on three hour's of sleep and is never rude to them.

Aloving mother is not jealous or envious of everyone else's childrennor will she boastfully exalt her own children above others.

A loving mother models true Christian behavior even when no otheradults are watching.

A mother full of God's love doesn't seek herown rights, but demonstrates the servanthood of Christ as she servesher family.

Such a mother doesn't resent cutting corners to live onone income, but is grateful to raise her own children.

A loving mother forgets her children's sins as soon as thediscipline is over, and never reminds them of their imperfections,but encourages her children in good works.

A loving mother doesn'tlook at her children's rebelliousness as a cute phase, but rejoicesin seeing her offspring grow in godliness.

Only a mother with God's love can bear the day to day tasks ofmanaging a family with zest and joy.

She is able to see the potentialhidden deep within each of her children and prays that God will shinethrough them into a dark work.

With such a vision clear in her mind,a mother can endure anything.

A loving mother's influence will never fade away.

Oh, thechildren may forget a spotlessly clean house, or perfectly pressedclothes, or even freshly baked cookies, but her children will alwayscarry with them the legacy of God's perfect love.

Though all you may see now are stacks of dirty dishes, diapers tochange, noses to wipe and wild toddlers to tame, the spirit in whichyou tackle these tasks is laying the foundation for your childrenthat has eternal consequences.

There are three things you children will always remember aboutyou:
Your faith and zeal how you serve the Lord,
Your hope in thepromises of God's Word and how you waited and watched for Hisreturn.
And the love of God that flowed through you to others.
Itis these three that will remain in their minds forever and thegreatest of these is their mother's love.

Kimberly Eddy, (Article published in Above Rubies)


I hope and pray each day that the love I have is heard and felt in each of my precious angels hearts......My mother-one of the greatest examples of this love-as I always new I was loved by her-no matter what I did, no matter what choices-good or bad-no matter what path I chose to take I KNEW I was loved.....






No comments: