God is my Captain, Dh is 1st Mate, my children are my stewardship, and my salary comes in hugs and kisses!
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Green Acres.....here we come;)LOLOLOL
Okay-Im just on cloud 9 ard here. LOLOLOL As anyone who knows me knows that I want a farm....some ducks, some chickens, some cows, some horses....a goat...LOLOLOL. WEll I think I am on to something now-LOLOLOLOL
This morning I went out to check on "Buck"our new arrival. I went to the garage and got a arm full of alfalfa and got him some water-they like it warm-I guess it heats their body temp up. The poor little fella was shivering......We made a pen under our patio and put a tarp over and ard it to keep out teh wind-but he just looked so darn cold thsi morning. So Falmingo and I went inside to see what we coudl coem up with for a shelter. We found a toy bucket with a lid and cut out a door in it. Now hes nice a comfy in there and much warmer. Flamingo put some sawdust in there and a baby blanket-LOLOLOL. So I feel better. We still have to make him a bench thing for him to play on or some type of wooden shelter as hes going to grow out of that bucket, but it will do for now anyway.
He's such a hoot. He sticks out his blue tongue and bleets "BAAAABAAAAAAAA" He hates it when you leave him. He bleets like crazy-then he'll play and hop onto things-hes such a cutie. I cant wait till the summer when we can be out there more with him.
Hes a pygmy goat-abt 2 months old.
We had a choice between a doe or a buck and the doe was a year old and he was only 2 months-so of course I wanted the buck-LOLOLOL But hes got to be castrated. I guess the boys will pee and squirt on themselves unless you do this and the smell is aweful, so you have to do that unless you are going to breeed them. So as soon as it starts to get warmer we will do this. The farmer showed us how....LOLOLOL Fun-eh? I looked at dh and said" Are YOU up to doing that ?!"LOLOLOLOLOL He looked at me like I was crazy. LOLOLOL Hmmmm.......*rolls eyes*LOLOLOL
I guess you just make a little snip and some little squeezes and pushes with your fingers and its done. No need for a clean up, or stitches, it will just heal itself.....so Ill see if Im up for this....or maybeee...yeah...most likely...Ill have the FFA teacher down the road do this-LOLOLOLOL.
We shall see......... ;P
Also we have to figure out if we want to get rid of the horns-I dont think we will as its REALLY painful for them-we might just tape them etc. Plus they need some type of protection while they are tied up to the fence line if something comes up -kwim?
From what I have been reading they can be really good pets-you just have to get out there alot with them-they can even learn to come when they are called by their name.
So we shall see how Buck does...LOLOLOLOL
But of course Im in love already........he doesnt need to prove anything to me;)LOLOLOLOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You need to move to MN and get one of the HUGE farms they have here in forclosure for little money!
LYBB
Post a Comment