Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crate Training....

Well this weekend I decided it was time....
Each time we get a puppy I think to myself how this time will be different-this time I can paper train and slowly work our way to the back door-slowly work our way to the bell on the door etc...and each and every time it sooo does now work...
So I made the decision this weekend that its sooo not working yet again and time to start the crate......
I guess it all comes down to our 1st-Bell-Our 1st Rottie-She was potty trained with paper in 3 weeks and I guess I keep telling myself it can happen again....LOLOLOL
I hate putting them in there in the crate-I guess I dont like it because I cant play with them as much. But it HAS to be done.

I am soo tired of cleaning up accidents....
So we started this weekend and its been GREAT-Only 1 accident all weekend :)So I guess its working....I just have to remind myself not to rush it...but boy is it time consuming....
Here's a sample schedule.....like my life isn't hectic enough...;)LOLOL
7:00Am-take puppy potty and play out back-treat
7:15-put back in crate
9:30-take puppy potty/feed/play-treat
9:45-crate puppy
12-potty/feed/play-treat
12:15-crate
every two hours take out and potty/play
5:00-potty/feed-treat
9:30Pm-potty/crate/play-bring inside
1:30am-potty/play wait for Dh
3:30 am-take puppy out for last time/play/treat
Then I get to start the whole routine over again..yigh yigh...LOLOL;0
But dont let those early hours fool ya-Im already awake....I usually dont go to bed till abt 3:30 anyway-yeah I usually plow on the couch while dh is chilling when he gets home, but thats just the routine ard here. I usually get a nap in in the afternoon if Im lucky too-so its not that bad-my body just adjusts and it works really well:) After a Summer of sleeping in its kinda hard to get into the swing of things again-but it eventually does and goes back to being normal...:)
Im also going to try and get in a little training in with Bear-our adoptive Rottie. He needs ALOT of training-hes just pushing his weight ard -so I need to work with him too...
But anyway-thats what Im up to here....
Oh-Ive got my Eastern Star interview today-wish me luck :)






2 comments:

Jenn said...

ahh...the joys of puppyhood...I always told myself that I would adopt a dog that was already house trained. We got Chester instead. But other than a couple of submissive spots now, he is great! Now if we could just get him to stop chewing on electrical cords....

MommyTof3 said...

LOLOLOL-any secrets you'd care to share......????