Im just starting to feel normal following this procedure...LOLOLOL
Wasn't that big of a deal on Friday.....had to go without food and water for awhile...which wasnt bad...then they gave me two large cups-totally full of the barium white goo liquid to swallow. Tasted like chalk but had the consistancy of thick slime ooooz(sp)LOLOLOL
I abt gagged while I was swallowing-which they kept telling me to do as they took pictures, but I made it through and kept it all down. Just when I thought I wasdone they gave me small little cup of crystals to swallow-and I thought ok-how the heck is that going down...then handed me another cup. I was thinking "Oh good-water to wash it down" but NOooooooooo...more goo to wash it down...yeah!!LOLOLOL That felt like pop rocks, but totally didnt taste like pop rocks...I guess it supposedly fills up your stomach with air-which became quiet obvious as I was instructed not to burp...LOLOL-fun-eh?LOLOLOL
But it was pretty cool watching the Barium slid down my throat and fill up my stomach on the screen-really cool actually...
Then I thought I wa sdone again-but nooo...I was then told to turn ard against the table and hold on? I was like what??LOLOL, It procedded to turn all the way down which it had been standing up...which felt really weird, then was told to swallow agn-as they took some more pictures....and handed me more goo to swallow with a straw....
So by the time I was done I was plum full...but full of that white goo...yeah-eh?
Thats where he saw the reflux going on....He told me that the muscle right there is inflamed and that is what is feeling like a lump. Which makes sense-as thats what is causing that lump feeling in my throat. Which I had been worrying it was my nodule just growing and growing...which, still in my head, is....LOLOL, but thats another paranoid thought and post I guess....dont want to open that wound up again...
oops-opened....darn....Hmmm...okay festering again....okay.......LOLOLOL back to my swallow study...
So I have an apt with my ENT tom and we shall see what exactly he wants to do and what the pictures exactly saw....I have been on a generic prilosec(which is still 20 bucks for a 2 week supply)I will be asking him to make it some kind of priscription so it will only cost 10 bucks a month-better anyway...
When I got home on Friday I had one of those painful closing throat episodes agn-hurt so bad.....I havent had one since I first made the apt -early part of Feb, so I dont know if those pills are working or what???
So we shall see tom I guess...
Sunday night I started having real digestion issues-and massive headaches as the Barium was working through my system I guess...That was a load of fun...but today Im feeling much better and I think Im beginning to get back to normal...Man-who would have thought some crazy liquid going through your body would feel so..... weird-Ill leave it at that-LOLOLOL, but I think giving birth is tops still....LOLOLOLOL
No comments:
Post a Comment