Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Update-Thyroid Stuff.....

I called the Dr today and low and behold he had tried to call our house number-which we dont have anymore...so at least I know he wasnt ignoring me...I gave them my cell awhile ago-guess he didnt get the memo?LOLOL;)
But he left a note incase I called :)

I am being referred to an ENT(Ear, Nose, Throat) Dr-who will follow up on my swallowing issues-probably a scope-fun-eh? :)Har-Har....
My apt is for next Tuesday....so we shall see what he says....as my Dr. doesnt think my swallowing issues and goiter/nodule are related..?

As far as my Thyroid goes-I looked online and found my tests( a cool thing our hospital has now)my levels are 1.3-I was told they were much higher......and also my ultra sound showed a cyst on the left side of my thyroid, but not as big. My solid nodule is 1.5cm.

Anyway-they want to "watch and see"...sigh...so I will be getting another ultrasound in 4-6 months...yeah......:(To see if it has progressed etc.......changed....has cancer.....yeah....

Im not liking this wait and see approach....Ive been reading online abt alot of women who had decided to get their thyroid out and it had turned up to be cancer-and FNA said benign.....also a friend of mine said the Dr wording was interesting...
"CONSISTANT with a benign colloid goiter" they said that "consistant" isnt as neg as just say "benign colloid goiter" so I thought that was interesting....."If its a goiter then its going to grow and it will probably have to come out" another said....

Many take it out because of Family History and it is benign after it comes back from Pathology and they tell their Endo "Gee I wish I hadnt removed it" and you know what the Endo says "No, its good you did as a solid nodule can change into anything-at any time..." So GREAT!!LOLOLOL

Anyone-what the heck would you do? As Im in Limbo yet again....its a 50/50 type deal-but its 100% driving me batty...


So again...what exactly am I waiting for...I just have no idea what to do...yet again...

Ack!! LOLOLOL...sheesh.....my life...waiting...on an egg shell....I see it now....Good times-eh?









No comments: