Friday, February 12, 2010

Dr. Update....V-day Parties:)

I havent been ard here much-not to post anyway.....Ive been trying not to think abt my thyroid, but its hard as its constantly on my mind now. I got my ultra sound results back. They found a solid nodule on my right side of my thyroid. I dont knwo if ist inside it or what-just that it is there. I guess as it is solid-it is concerning the Dr so I am scheduled to get a needle biopsy done next week-...joy..... He kept bringging up the 5% deal of the C word....

I was pretty freaked abt it, so I called Papa and Nana and it looks like thyroid issues run on both sides of the family-some being the worst case scenerio(the big C)..but looking at all my family members they all have pulled through just fine...so that is somewhat a relief. I was really glad that I called them. I also called my sis and she has been through alot of the same things I will be going through and she helped me feel less stressed abt everything too. Then I called BB and sh esent me alot of info as she has been through something similar just recently. So I have receieved alot of support and feel much better than where I was a couple of days ago.

Some things that are still concerning me:
#1: Its a solid nodule
I guess a cyst would be more likely not to be cancerous-as it would be filled, mine is solid
#2: I have a single nodule
multiple nodules are more on the side of not being cancerous also....
#3: the sporadic pain indicates a more likely chance of it being cancerous...

I also have to get my thyroid checked with a blood test and again if it comes back to being under producing that is a bad sign....if its over producing then tahst a better likelyhood it is not cancerous.

So-Ive got all these things going for me....LOLOLOL-doesnt look good does it....but there is nothing I can do but wait until it is biopsied I guess..so no use worrying about it...but yeah...its still a constant worry on my mind.....what can ya do.....sigh...

The kids all have Valentine parties today. I will be going with Stinger to his at the homeschool co-op group-should be alot of fun. I managed to do Flamingos hair in that heart braide with a big ribbon-it looked really cute. Both Flamingo and Monkey Boy where all smiles as they got on the bus this morning-they should both have a great day too:)

Ive still got to get dh and kiddoes V-day goodies packaged up-gotta do that tonight:)But then we will be set. I plan on cooking Valentine pancakes on Sunday :)What fun-eh? :)







No comments: