I had my FNA(Fine Needle Aspiration)yesterday.....and yes Ive called the Dr and no results yet...way to early and he wasnt in the office today...sigh...one can hope-though-eh;)LOLOL
Anyway-My biopsy went well-as well as it could go I guess....First I met the Ultrasound guy and he looked at the nodule and told me it was abt 1 cm in size. So thats a relief that its still quite small I guess...He prepped my neck and then the Radioligist came in. They put a pillow under my back and had me bend my neck wayyyyyyyy back-talk abt uncomforteable....But this radiologist-talk abt calming my fears. This guy was so nice and he made me totally at ease-which was very welcomed...LOLOLOL He injected me with some stuff to make me numb. This was the worst part of it all-it really stung going in and the whole suringe was just plum full...so it took awhile....then he procedded to wave his magic wand(the ultrasound thing)and started poking and tugging...LOLOLOL. He did a series of 4 shots worth-or 4 draws worth. Each time it felt like a weird tugging on my neck-didnt hurt though at all:)After each he handed each to Emily who put it on a slide right there.
The whoel process took abt 20 min-so not bad-eh? One thing that I didnt quiet appreciate was them talking bat another case in the ER where someone had just come in with a great big mass in their neck and it had moved over their esophogus etc....The radiologist stated that it was probably anaplastic-which had me shuddering. He probably didnt think anything of it, that I woulndt knwo what he was talking about-but I have done alot of research and anaplastic cancers are the worst to get as they are very aggressive and work really quickly....so that wasnt a good thought to leave me with was it???...LOLOLOL
But other than that it went really smoothly......and now Im just waiting to get my results back and a call from the Dr......yeah....
Last night my neck was pretty sore when I swallowed, but today its much better and Im feeling well-except that I have come down with a scratchy throat and am all congested-which has me not sleeping well...sigh....
Dh was so sweet last night. He got some pizza and some movies and we stayed up late watching them(ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!!!!!!!LOLOLOL)-which was nice as it took my mind off of everything:) Sweet isnt he? :)
Im so lucky to have such a sweety. The kids were worried when I was in the hospital-they kept asking dh "Where's Mommy, and when is she coming out?" every 2 sec he said and were all relieved to see me when I was done.....LOLOLOL
Im so blessed to have such a wonderful caring family.:) Grami, Papa and Nana and many others have been praying for me as well and Im sure thats why I was "cool as a cucumber" per Radiologist. ...LOLOLCould have fooled me though...
But thanks everyone for keeping me in your prayers. Ill keep ya posted:)
2 comments:
glad it went so smooth. We will keep up the prayers.
Thks:)I really appreciate it:)
Post a Comment